Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

Winter NAMM just got pushed. Or combined into Summer NAMM, I guess

1 Like

As a native speaker:
This is pronounced “Syn -takt” in Swedish.

Translating into:
Syn = synth
Takt = rhythm/beat

“Syntakt = Synth beat”

And…
“Digitakt = Digital beat”

5 Likes

Up on Gear News as well now. Wavetable? Say what, I don’t think that was even mentioned here :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Nobody needs your negativity, take your cold logic somewhere else, delete that post and let us speculate in peace!

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum! @Automageddon was joking btw, just in case that wasn’t clear :slight_smile:

8 Likes

All this media gossip is really making me chuckle.

It’s worse than the football press on deadline day.

5 Likes

if theres one thing im sure of its that it is 100% not going to be what people have been asking for, ever, in regards to all music gear releases past present and future.

:slight_smile:

4 Likes

Does anyone else really want this all to come to nothing and Syntakt to just be a placeholder or whatever?

Or is it just me?

10 Likes

Gearnews should update their article. “Synt” + “takt” is the correct way to read it in Swedish, as mentioned before.

On a further notice, Gothenburg in general is known in Sweden for its love-hate relationship with playing with words. A little bit like “Limerick”.
Elektron is (of course) based in Gothenburg and they seem to embrace that stereotype, when they come up with “funny” names of their products.

7 Likes

I hope it’s something cool, and i absolutely don’t have the patience to wait. But it would at the same time be incredibly funny if all this buzz this turned out to be nothing.

That said, i think Elektron would shut the show down after a little while if it was nothing. They’re obviously aware of the rampant speculation and the news coverage of said rampant speculation…

Could it be something turning up in january? Absolutely

1 Like

I wonder if DT is to M:S as ST would be to M:C?

1 Like

So it’s gonna be either a VA or analog… that’s pretty clear

1 Like

I want to believe
But I’d rather an OTmk3 with OB :stuck_out_tongue:
Plz elektron give us OBOT trademark to get excited about

3 Likes

Pfff I need money.
Money? Where have you gone? :money_with_wings:

4 Likes

Miserable git returns!

9 Likes

Yeah I think we all want another flagship product, but it seems we’re at least 2 years out. (This year ST, next year Model: Synth/wave/whatever.)

Then with all the possible combinations to prevent this kind of things, just synthtakt came to their minds?
No digisynth, fourtakt, wavetakt, wavetone, analogtakt etc.etc?

Synthakt Is their greatest concern. Ok. Let’s see.

In any case there’s no need to stop people from being happy and speculate about a new elektron product.

Hipster level 100.

They probably have some solid Firmware updates left in the chamber, like the recent DT 1.30 update. For me it would make sense if they drop a big Digitone or Analog MK2 update in the coming months to keep Elektron on the YouTube feeds

8 Likes

Yeah, Digitone has got to be next, even if it’s just to bring some of the UI improvements seen on DT over to DN and to reduce the eye searing LEDs!

9 Likes