Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

Hopefully no more than 800 quid, too hopeful?

2 Likes

I have a hunch,
while listening to the teaser track i recognized sone FM and some very analog sounds. Could this be a mix of two? An 8 track device with both analog and digital capabilities which could be mixed together like on an Analog Rytmā€¦? Hmmm

2 Likes

Yeahā€¦its looking more and more that the faceplate reveal wasnā€™t a shop

1 Like

Preorder will start likeā€¦this week. So ive been told.

3 Likes

Think Iā€™d rather a Sample free option

It sounds like Cycles engine got upgrade

4 Likes

Iā€™d imagine weā€™re looking at a Ā£900-1300 device if itā€™s a flagship.

2 Likes

Lol, I heard this too. My uncle works at elektron

1 Like

My wallet canā€™t handle this hahah

1 Like

He used to for a couple years when he had elektrons but then got frustrated with the workflow and sold his Rytm and digitakt, said he was turned off by the model cycles teaser , got one of the new mpcs and I believe doubled down on ableton. When it was having buggy issues at first, he joked digitakt was ā€œbeat Thang for 2017.ā€

Hahaha!

Yeahā€¦the model cycles reveal gave me a sour taste.

I was like, ā€œwell, shootā€¦Iā€™m all primed to buy something- just not thatā€

Ended up buying Renoise and focused on that for a couple years.

1 Like

No, it sounds like Model:Cycles

I canā€™t believe no one but me has identified it

That sound is unmistakable

4 Likes

Aw :crying_cat_face:

Cycles is my favorite

1 Like

Iā€™ve grown to appreciate it. I just like getting lost in a world of sonic possibilities, and having only 4 controls per engine was irritating.

Now, I know what youā€™re going to say next. ā€œBut Ryan, your favorite machine is the Machinedrum, which only had 6 controls per synth engine. The difference between the two is borderline pedanticā€

To which I would say: you know, thats a good pointā€¦

Edit: nvm, i just checked and its up to 8 per engine

Yes, 17:00 CET (Central European Time) is in 29 minutes.

Itā€™s those freely assignable lollipop frequented Oklahomas

Absolutely agree that sound is in there, Iā€™m thinking the syntakt can do an impression?

1 Like

Its a model cycles vst subscription

3 Likes

Itā€™s not the Syntakt and if they only used samples from the M:C that would be a riddle unto itself

1 Like

Didnā€™t the MD use a ā€œEFMā€ (Elektron Feedback Modulation IIRC, I didnā€™t own one but did read the manual a few months back) algo which had feedback and FM modulation based drums?

Could this new machine be using the analog filter overdrive and feedback created for the Analog Series/Heat Series as a sound source, similar to the machine drums digital interpretation of this?

I know some of the most interesting, phat drums Iā€™ve heard or patched myself from the A4 have tried to replicate this to a degree. It is FM, but unstable and raw due to the self oscillation of a feedback + overdrive + FM rate on the filter.

1 Like