Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

If it is a Digitakt essentially, with synthesis, and it can sample… that would be pretty cool. Sort of a DT Mkii?

It looks like the M:C was trademarked right when it was released, but the M:S was trademarked about 8 months ahead of time. And the Digitone was also trademarked about 8 months ahead of time.

3 Likes

February/March seems about right for Elektron new releases

1 Like

synth types?

OSC can be SSW’s?
Wavetables = Yes, just scan a wav with an Env or LFO?
Granular = DT already can do granular

with an RK002 Cable, the DT is already a very capable and interesting/unique x8 voice digital synth

So, next is Syntone? (A DigiMnm?)

2 Likes

They already have a Digitakt Pads, it’s called the Analog Rhythm. I would like a Digitakt Keys, because the Digitakt is a great synth. Sure it can be done with the Retrokits cable, but I would like an all-in-one, and hopefully they add some workflow improvements as well to cater to this. Just a dream.

1 Like

Team work ! Thanks for tracking that down.

Digitakt was announced and shown at NAMM 2017 ( late January 2017 ), months ahead of the official trademark. That is OK, merely announcing the product, gives an unofficial right of trademark. It’s just your lawyer would tell you not to do that.

1 Like

Interesting. So not much of a pattern to follow then in recent releases. 2 of the 4 were 8 months out, so we could maybe presume a bit of a wait. But the last one was right around release time, and maybe that is new rule. It could be that with all of us trademark detectives digging around these days, that they would start trademarking right around the release date.

2 Likes

A scatter plot with a least squares fit shows that SYNTAKT, if real, will be announced in about … a week.

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I like your maths!

1 Like

Does anyone think that the new Ricky Tinez video showing up with the Monomachine MK2 Keyboard has anything to do with early hype for this new thing?

9 Likes

I’m starting to think it does. RT has a friend at Elektron so he probably gets insider information. And this may be the same friend who loaned him the unicorn MM Keyboard edition.

6 Likes

Everyone is going to be so disappointed when they find out it’s a midi controller.

12 Likes

Is this when the subscription model starts?

1 Like

hell no I’d be happy. Give me the bottom quarter of an Octatrack so I can sequence drambo

1 Like

I do. Posted exactly that earlier.

1 Like

I won’t be! Just an elektron sequencer that has heaps of ways to play with midi (maybe multiple polyphonic tracks or something) for a lower price and a small form factor would be a dream come true.

1 Like

I see a lot of folks hoping for an all-powerful elektron midibrain. I don’t think there’s any great solution out there to fluidly work with sysex in the hardware form factor, no one wants to let go of their bcr2000s, so I think that would be a cool niche to fill.

That said, with “Syn” being part of the name, I doubt this thing will just be a midi controller/sequencer unable to produce sounds of its own.

He does remark that it’s not a sponsored video though. Even if that’s technically still true, it would be a little shady if elektron were involved with the interest of promotion.

I hope it will be released in Jan-22 and they will terminate the year with new firmwares updates for the existing machines

1 Like