Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

I don’t get the Digitakt Keys suggestions. If it was a polyphonic sampler, sure. But Digitakt Pads would be much more appropriate for a drum computer, right?

(Bring on the comments about Elektron sucking at pads lol)

4 Likes

A Digitakt with sound synthesis from the Kawai XD-5 (waveforms) and some Roland D50 (attack transients) might be interesting.

http://www.vintagesynth.com/kawai/xd5.php

http://www.vintagesynth.com/roland/d50.php

3 Likes

Having sold some kit, I have been considering an OT or another DT recently. Anything that includes a sampler building on DT and / or OT legacy with removable storage and it will be straight to the top of the list for purchase.

G

1 Like

toblerone dispenser!

3 Likes

Syntakt.

Sounds like a Slimming World/Elektron collaboration.

1 Like

Taking a different takt here…

Elektron may be transitioning to ARM for this thing.
That could explain the attrition.

Oh, and I bet it will have a touch screen.

4 Likes

Why would it be suicidal? If it worked when they were smaller, and they have an existing product line that’s performing well, how could they go wrong making something radical? They’d sell it to like half the people on this forum in a week.

3 Likes

100 years and overbridge still buggy, smh

3 Likes

To my mind everything points to the much talked about mixer / arranger. The sync aspect, all in one production studios being in vogue, the whole software development side in Elektron, Digi form factor, sits right in the middle between the other two. Finally we get song mode and a whole lot more! The recent opening up of the DT audio ins to match the DN may be part of that preparation possibly.

1 Like

I don’t think so:

So IMO

as new drum machine with (most likely digital, and even FM) synth engines in Digi series relatively portable format :slight_smile:
No song mode, but Overbridge integration and retrigs.
Something between the Model:Cycles and the Machinedrum, but with DN/DT high quality sound and straightforward design, DT compressor…

I could be totally wrong though.

6 Likes

They had to push it when they were smaller, now there is no need for that anymore. And I want to be clear again: I am also one of the half of those, who would love to see a new flagship, but we are, by far, not their core market anymore.

And this is also no general rant against Elektron: They still have all newer flagships in stock, keep up a very great maintenance and customer service and so on, but it would really surprise me to see anything groundbreaking from them in the near future. I personally went Eurorack and hybrid since the OT, which still is and always will be my personal favourite…

1 Like

I have to ask if you’ve written much software for general purpose computers? I think all software has bugs, right? Even the stuff that takes people into space.

6 Likes

yeh im thinking along these lines too. also its 20 years since the MD, so would be nice timing to bring out something that nods to that while also being up to date with the current lineup. in any case, would definitely love to see some sort of digital drum synth, the AR does nothing for me whatsoever

1 Like

That is indeed how the saying goes. All software has bugs. :slight_smile:

Implying the prices are too high ? I don’t think it’s fair. Elektron tries to satisfy all budgets. The model:xxxx line packs a lot of their DNA for an affordable price. The Digis are in the mid and are great value too. The Digitone is an insane synth for it’s price. Even the higher range machines justify their price very well.

4 Likes

12 posts were split to a new topic: Off topic derailing chat moved away

Seems that a Digitakt Pads would be more appropriate.

Never a bad time for a drum synthesis module, I’m sure they’re getting their best bang-for-the-buck by developing more small digital modules than flagship analog. I would like to see more stretching of what is possible versus repackaging prior flagship concepts in limited forms, of course.

I say that, but if MD or Monomachine elements are present I’d still consider it, it’s what I was hoping the Digitakt would become :stuck_out_tongue:

A combo of the digital multimode and a single analog filter would be nice, but it appears either/or there.

3 Likes

since evrybody loves digi form factor and hates new analog form factor… it‘ll be digi form factor

They better give it another color to not mess with people’s OCD :smiley:

Tbh, the digitakt formfactor is amazing. would be lovely.