Elektron Syntakt Trademark Speculations [closed]

I don’t think it has to be Digi sized. Analog heat is Digi sized but doesn’t contain the takt in the name so the form factor is not linked to Takt. It doesn’t contain Digi either. Might be a completely new form factor even. Or another octa sized machine. It is the most useful form factor for a live set so maybe they’ll “go back” to that in stead of the analog mkii form factor.

One can dream: an octatrack type of machine based device with synth based rhythm and sample machines.

Can’t wait to see what it is :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Elektron have been eyeing the Pulsar for some time and they’ve decided crocodile clips are the way forward. You heard it here first.

2 Likes

I think people have to finally accept that there will never be a “flagship” anymore from Elektron.

I don’t know who is actually in their core designer team, but the time of challenging and groundbreaking designs is over. I mean: Come on! No hard feelings, but we all know that since the “Analog”-Era it was nothing but downsizing and “simplifying”. Personally the Digitone and Analog Heat were my last highlights so far, but Elektron has made that step many years ago, and looking at other companies who went the same route, it is very unlikely, even suicidal, to take the risk of a synthhead beloved masterpiece again.

Elektron is no “boutique synth” company anymore, (except their prices…) but also far away from something like Roland or Korg. They are in the midst of a huge change, even planing on SaaS strategies, so it is quite clear that, whatever the next machine will be: It might be fun, it will very likely be very musical and great sounding, but not really anything like a big technological / design step forward.

8 Likes

It could be a Syngle Cycle Waveform machine with the customary sequencer bootstrapped on.

Agree on this. We don’t really need another drum machine in DT/DN format do we? Isn’t digitakt covering that field nicely?

3 Likes

Yes, yes we do.

2 Likes

My guess

Digi format
8 channel
FM synth drum machine with 2 filters and 2 lfos per channel

So a more specd’ modal cycles with more “machines”

2 Likes

A digitone is basically that (and much more).

5 Likes

:thinking: true that…

Then my second guess is a plockable Duracell Bunny…

2 Likes

My only prediction is that I am going to want one.

In the LXR thread, lots of people seem to agree that Elektron left a lot of money on the table by not giving the MD a true successor. Mid range sized MD would be delicious, and make financial sense as well.

12 Likes

My only request is that Elektron just gives it to us when it’s ready rather than teasing us for six straight weeks. “Taking the tactile to a whole new level… 11/11” “Unleash your control…” “Never thought you’d touch something like this…”

Elektron, we’re all going to buy this. Some of us will wait for Cuckoo video, some of us will wait for the item to be out in the wild, some of us will wait for the used sale or eventual price drop, but all of us here will want it.

And give it CV in/out and I’ll be in that first or second wave.

3 Likes

If this is a new format and the Syntakt is the one dedicated to beats/rhythms, we can expect to see the Syntone a year or two later. Better get that trademarked soonish, Elektron!

(Don’t worry, I checked, nothing yet :slight_smile:)

“never”, really?
That’s quite the statement :wink:

3 Likes

Well Soma have managed it with the Pulsar 23.
Waldorf have done pretty well with the Quantum/Iridium.
And what about the Isla 2400, poor fucker can’t keep up with all the orders.

I don’t thin it’s suicidal for Elektron to release another flagship, I imagine they probably will in the next year or two. Whether or not this entirely imaginary thing will be it or not I don’t really give a shit, it’s kinda entirely up to Elektron what they do next. If I like it, amazing, if I don’t, I’m not really sure it’s going to signal the end of them as a company, it just means they made a piece of gear I didn’t like.

4 Likes

From what i recall from the job ads mentioned earlier they were hiring to create a new (possibly flagship) line, on a new platform. That was a year ago/a year and a half. I imagine it would take them at the very least two years to get anything out the door, more likely 3 years, so my take on this is that they’re releasing something now that follows existing principles and keeps them financially solid enough to deliver the new line

3 Likes

Maybe it is something completely else and “syn” has nothing to do with synthesis and synthesizer at all?

My out-of-the-box guess: “Syn” stands for sync to keep Elektron machines and other friends - yeah, obviously - in “takt” and sync.
So kind of a combination of Overbridge, E-RM Multiclock and Sequencer in a Digi-sized box with a couple of tricks on top.
After all we all know how smooth and delightful Elektron’s experience with OB has been so far.

3 Likes

True, I meant: Not in my lifetime I guess 🤷

1 Like

Never said that this is the end of their company, just a significant shift, and I would not really compare SOMA to Elektron, since they have two totally different scales and product philosophies. Quantum/Iridium: Fair enough, but how long did it take? I mean Korg is way older than Elektron…

Well I know what I want it to be. A keys version of the digitakt you can use as a sample based 8 voice synth. New time stretch algorithm, exclusively for it.

1 Like

Well, of course its a digitakt format analogue four…

5 Likes