Elektron support repair or third party?

My Machinedrum got damaged while I stupidly (but without any other choice) carried it in a rucksack with no protective case, two of the encoders have had their screw bit ripped out :frowning: Serves me right! I’ve not turned it on since for fear of making anything worse.

Just wondering what people would do in this situation, go direct to Elektron for a fix or let a third party fix it?

The reason I ask is it would cost me probably 3x as much to have Elektron fix it due to shipping (they offered to send the parts for free) compared to having it fixed locally, but I guess I’m guaranteed they’ll do it properly (and they will know if there is any more damage).

I think I probably know the answer already (suck it up and pay the extra to ship to them) but just thought I’d canvas opinions - if anyone knows a reliable repairer for Elektron stuff in London equally please let me know!

1 Like

Obviously, if you want to opt for the risk-free option send it to Elektron. However, you don’t seem to be a person that minds taking a bit of a risk- otherwise you wouldn’t be in this situation.

Ha, funnily enough I am not conciously a huge risk taker but have made a few foolish decisions with music gear in the past (hence not opening it up to check for the damage, been there done that and broken the T shirt)… think I’m more clumsy! Anyway you’ve hit the nail on the head really, I think I’ll go the official route as it was a lot of effort to track this thing down and I do love it

1 Like

I had my octatrack serviced by elektron after years of heavy touring with it. Couldn’t be happier, the communication, price and quality was beyond my expectations.

They even replaced rusty screws and cleaned the blood, sweat and tears from under the screen!

3 Likes