Elektron Service for my A4 MKI

Just wanted to give a shout out to Elektron for being so bad ass in the customer service department.
I bought an A4 used, off ebay, a few years ago and it’s worked fantastic except when it came to upgrading the OS in the last 2 years.
I started having weird trouble, couldn’t upgrade, wanted to try the latest OB etc, but it didn’t work out.
Couldn’t upgrade, rolled back, seemed like a few messed up attempts at rolling back, but eventually it worked.
Every now and then, opening a new project made my trk1 go a semtone out of tune.
I was fine with what I had, not really into OB that much anyways, and just power cycled new projects then done.
Well last month I tried upgrading the new OS, and all of the sudden every track sounded like it got the bass sucked out of it.
I tried recalibrating and got this error during that time
Missing Cal: AUD CV
The A4 worked, but hardly made a sound.

I made a new support ticket, and got a response that said
“I can see that you have reported issues with this unit before all the way back to 2016. If you have an original receipt the warranty could actually be valid now if the warranty was valid when you reported it the first time. It worth looking for it as this might become an expensive repair.”

I responded with some other details and got this
"Hi John,

Let’s bring both units here and if there is nothing obvious that has damaged the A4 like a liquid spill or too long rackmount screws we will cover the repair. We usually don’t do this, but the “Missing Cal: AUD CV” is so rare and the unit have had this and other issues for years."

Just got my A4 back with the latests OS, and all my projects are in tact.
I paid for some repairs on an OT at the same time.
Replaced a busted USB port that I F’d up getting ready for a gig for 90 dollars.

Hell YES!
They did just that.
I love ELEKTRON!

Thank you, thank you again, and again!!!

12 Likes

Very cool.