Elektron prototype images?

the grey Octatrack prototype still shows up on some retailers websites and on ebay lol.

I wonder how different it is compared to the one we have. I think it’d be awesome if it was, say, Dataline’s personal OT (which it’s not, of course). At the very least, someone at Elektron should be giving it love!

Of course, I have this romantic idea in my head of someone using a fully prototype Trinity that has experimental capabilities not available to the mainline machines lol.

I used to have a MnM (actually I’ve had two, but that’s another story), and it was a Mk 1 that I bought used. In the original packaging as well as manual etc, was an Elektron promo flyer.

I don’t have it now as I put it in the box when I sold the MnM, but I just found photos of it that I took. It’s quite intriguing to look at in retrospect, especially the item labelled as ‘Teenage Audio’. I’m not versed enough in Elektron history to have realised there was some kind of link between Elektron and TE, but it certainly looks like there was one :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Nice find!

I think Jesper Kouthoofd of TE used to do some of the graphics for Elektron. Possibly their logo/branding as well. I think there’s a connection with the design arm of Acne who were also doing things like Netbabyworld around the same time. You can see a lot of similarities in the Netbabyworld graphics, though there’s not much to be found online these days.

http://blog.signalnoise.com/2008/08/05/inspiration-netbabyworld/

3 Likes

Really cool, I think they might continue to endeavor that modular concept.

“ahead of time” springs to mind.

From when I peeked into the LA office in October. Octatrack and SID…

The SID is nice! :smile_cat:

2 Likes

How can you create Magic sound sources? Think the Swedish translation got lost somewhere.:smirk:

8 Likes

There’s the Black octatrack prototype

4 Likes

Thank you thank you thank you!!

1 Like

Phenomenal post here… thank you for sharing these! gold

1 Like