Elektron prototype images?

would be great to see some early elektron prototype shots, the B-shots that never made it to print nor promo.

1 Like

http://www.muffwiggler.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=1356903

this thread has the only prototypes ive ever seen.

1 Like

I think Elektron keeps that stuff wrapped up pretty tight. Wouldn’t want any machine rights activists getting riled up about what goes on in their laboratories… Oh the horror!! :imp:

I think I saw some early OT pics with black trig keys and some other small cosmetic differences on GS a couple weeks back…maybe somebody has the link?

Never knew that some of the TE folks used to work with Elektron, either.

our beloved GREY Octatrack!!

http://www.musicradar.com/news/tech/musikmesse-2010-elektron-octatrack-prototype-video-241309/

i like the grey octatrack, think white would be pretty classy, but difficult to keep white

I have an old MD flyer from 2001 or so, showing some early sketches. Remind me to scan them one day…

2 Likes

Yeah the charcoal Octa was nice.

Those Teenage ‘Audio’ shots are wicked! The screen looks somewhat familiar but I can’t seem to place it, lol

1 Like

only 150 views!

Custom white Octatrack

i think grey would’ve made sense as the octatrack is in-between the old silver boxes and the new black boxes in terms of functionality and features.

1 Like

one day…could be this?
Thx!!!

Shit, had not seen that before. That Octatrack and that red MD are sweet!

From the Elektron product sheet vault.

6 Likes

Yes! That’s the one I have in my “archive”…

1 Like

Haha, sweet! Have to say I’m glad “Chrysler Big Boy” didn’t win the design competition. :wink:

1 Like

I find 'em verry nice. A 70’s look, i would like mine design like these ones… really

1 Like

Shit, had not seen that before. That Octatrack and that red MD are sweet! [/quote]
Seriously the red MD looks incredible.

You can see a lot of mixed design ideas from the MnM and SID. The table top one looks like a beefed up SID Station.

Most of the time when you look at lets say car prototypes then see what they released I am generally disappointed by the end design. In this case I do like how the MD production box turned out.

Really the Chrysler? The only way that design makes sense to me is if that was suppose to be a sort of modular unit. But a digital drum machine in a modular rack? Not sure how people would have taken to that.

1 Like