Elektron might be cooking something up for the Octatrack

Audio track trig mutes instead of audio track mutes.
That would be stellar.

Some polyphony would be pretty cool.

More than 2 octaves of transposition would be nice.

If they could shoehorn a few analog heat circuts into the OT… that would be something.

If they change the case to match the analog MK2 boxes, I’m not buying one.

5 Likes

in the name of all that is holy put the crossfader on the left side please

4 Likes

I’ve only owned the Octatrack mkii for 4 months and I’d immediately buy the new one. YOLO

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be funny if they released some sort of Octatoy. I really enjoyed all the crying when the M:S and M:C came out and weren’t flagships. I reckon Elektron could probably get away with it one more time*.

*I have never run a business, know nothing about product development, sales or marketing, but I do like a good troll.

7 Likes

I’m pretty sure they didn’t, I would love to have that feature, I’m constantly diving in the personnalise menu to toggle that. the double copy+play is so handy on the Digis.

1 Like

Model : Octa…

Yep. Id say thats more likely than any of the good ideas above.

Imagine: A tinny rubber crossfader on a model samples :joy:

3 Likes

Dunno what they’ll actually do, but as a company, Overbridge incompatibility seems like the biggest reason for them to put out another version.

2 Likes

Maybe a Model:Sexta, since the other Models have six channels? It could be a six track live looper with sequencing and random playback, along with the other Model fx and whatnot.

1 Like

Crossfader pfff - touch strip obv!

2 Likes

love it

That will involve a lot of knobs or a lot of menu diving or a lot of FUNC buttons considering the amount of things that OT can do.

Octatrack MKIII that replaces the crossfader with a D-Beam.

5 Likes

Wait up.
There is a ton of empty space inside ocatracks case… why not have some actual magnetic tape in there!

Analog warming circuits! PAH !

2 Likes

OT is unshrinkable.

Yeah. OT isn’t OT without the physical ins and outs (ON GLORIOUS FULL-SIZE TRS JACKS)

2 Likes

Octatrack VR, where you can explore 3D spectrograms of your samples

3 Likes

You realize you can turn off quantize right?

1 Like

I got Siamese twins, it seems…

8 Likes

I held off for years on getting an OT. Finally pulled the trigger like a month or two ago. Of course they’ll release a new one in January now :laughing:

Excited either way, though I figure I’ll be happy to hang with my mk2 for the foreseeable future. Can get the new shiny one when I’ve mastered this one.

6 Likes