Elektron Live Dispatch with M:C and M:S

Is there a link ? I didn’t spot it on the youtube channel.

EDIT: ok, I see the instagram announcement but nothing else.

EDIT2: was this what triggered the accusations of ‘dismissive’ ? Sorry if so, I should have made it clear I was looking for an advance link to the live stream.

They’re good, but atm, absolutely overpriced (at official elektron price) compared to the competition in my opinion.

Confirmed they’re getting a firmware update that will bring live sampling, a bigger screen, and a crossfader. Should be ready to download by end of business day.

10 Likes

What else do you expect? Have you seen previous Live Dispatches from Elektron?

Live-streams on youtube typically have a link days in advance.

Yeah … should be simple to code.

2 Likes

Not being negative … just asking for the availability of a direct link to the live stream if there is one.

I belive the original drawing of this meme was comissioned by Roosh V.

2 Likes

No updates from Elektron

Let’s move on

As long as they don’t announce that Elektron is now part of InMusic family, joining MOOG as they relocate to China, I am ok.

1 Like

I am talking about the tone of this whole topic. I just posted that Elektron, after a hiatus, posts something about the Model series.
Yet it had spawned a wave of mostly negative and dismissive replies, completely unprovoked.
Yet it was my post that was „flagged by the community”.

I wonder - what kind of „community” is this? Seriously?

After doing an extensive 10 minutes search using multiple (2) sources of creditable information (know your meme and the like) apparently this is the creation of a Russian illustrator.

Now I am curious about the other 12 pieces she published together with this one, but couldn’t find anything after 1 hour of Bellingcat level of web surfing…

Yours very much included…

4 Likes

Which machines do you consider are the equivalent of the Models? :thinking:

They are no 1-1 equivalent to the models, they’re elektron machines and are very unique by design. But you can find similar machines with more features on cheaper/same price.

For the Model:Samples, I would say the roland sp-404 mkII which is 450 euros or the Sonicware liven lofi-12 which is 275 euros both do way more than the M:S and can actually sample and resample.
For the Model:Cycles, I would say the TR6S is straight up a better drum machine with way more range and features (and keeps getting updated) at 350 euros, the mc-101 is a better all around groovebox with again way more range and features for 50 more euros than a new M:C, the Woovebox offers way more depth and portability at a fraction of the Cycles price aswell at 249 dollars vs 399 dollars…

Its also hard to justify paying this much for these models when you can find second hand digitones/tacks for 400 euros pretty easily.

2 Likes

Live stream link now up -> https://www.youtube.com/live/nH9CGDm7t3g?si=fG4CZCNh-dgXbjJI

You bastard.

2 Likes

What ? :slight_smile:

Was a joke

5 Likes

A bad one, obvs.

3 Likes