Elektron Live Dispatch with M:C and M:S

Elektron just announced another instalment of their live streaming sessions. This time around (September 28 @ 12pm PDT / 9pm CEST) Ricky Tinez and Mario Hernandez will perform on Model Cycles and Samples. Quote from the Instagram post: „It’s time for another Live Dispatch! And this time we’ll be combining, comparing, and composing on Model:Samples and Model:Cycles.”

Its been a while since Elektron posted anything about the Models, so I’m looking forward to see what Ricky and Mario will have in store!

8 Likes

Maybe M:S will get an update to feature Digitakt’s machines :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

I was thinking the exact same thing. Hopefully an update with future machines is in the works. I’m kinda loving my M:C again esp when sequencing it with my T1

2 Likes

nice combo

2 Likes

Nice I’ve just gotten this combo so I’m looking forward to some new content, been steadily trawling through all the older stuff on YouTube… thx for the heads up…

2 Likes

Can anyone with comprehensive Elektron knowledge identify anything in the video that looks like it might be the new Octatrack-killer that Cuckoo supposedly alluded to? I guess if you are a snarky regular who dislikes this kind of speculation thing, please ignore!

Well that was unexpected…

Smells like an update might be coming, I cannot imagine why they would put these two on the spotlight otherwise.

1 Like

You can’t imagine why a company would wish to promote things that they’re selling unless accompanied by firmware updates?

Prepare to be disappointed…

7 Likes

It is just marketing to boost sales

1 Like

These products sell just fine as it stands right now, and there is nothing they can show now that has not been shown on the M:C/M:S in the past 4 years.

I have also had a confirmation earlier this year that they wanted to add a personal sensitivity pad setting in a future firmware update for the m:c, so I am assuming it is probably hinting at a new firmware update indeed.

I also dont think there’s anything to be disappointed about, they are fine instruments (at second hand sale price).

How do you know? Do you receive the actual sales report from Elektron on how the Model series are performing revenue wise?

Feel free to check any online music gear website and see how popular elektron gear is, now do the same for second hand resold gear.

Not interested in participating in any further imaginary controversy about Model series sales numbers.

This is enough confirmation for me to believe that this isnt just some random advertisement.

100% i do not want to loose time in arguing topics we don’t know as we do not work at Elektron

If i had to bet, I would say Digitakt is the highest selling and popular Elektron device

Models are the lowest selling Elektron product

I now go back to music making

If you have no expectations, you will not be disappointed.

I mean, enjoy the dispatch and these machines for what they do, which frankly, it’s a lot.

80pf3f

2 Likes

Is there a link ? I didn’t spot it on the youtube channel.

EDIT: ok, I see the instagram announcement but nothing else.

EDIT2: was this what triggered the accusations of ‘dismissive’ ? Sorry if so, I should have made it clear I was looking for an advance link to the live stream.

They’re good, but atm, absolutely overpriced (at official elektron price) compared to the competition in my opinion.

Confirmed they’re getting a firmware update that will bring live sampling, a bigger screen, and a crossfader. Should be ready to download by end of business day.

10 Likes

What else do you expect? Have you seen previous Live Dispatches from Elektron?

Live-streams on youtube typically have a link days in advance.

Yeah … should be simple to code.

2 Likes