Elektron is 20!

Elektron turns 20 years old this year :gift: :birthday: so congratulations to everyone at the best synth company in the world, Daniel Hansson would be very proud.

I wonder if we will see something to celebrate - I hope so!

In the meantime, from back in the day…

37 Likes

Happy birthday ! :gift:
There are black Sids ? Want one. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Yes, the Ninja edition with presets created by Daniel Troberg aka @erase

There were also a very few special red and blue ones made, but I think these were for Elektron employees only.

5 Likes

Hurra!

Yeah, first 10 made were red, 5 of which went to the team, and the rest to close friends/beta testers.

9 Likes

ohh man that website looks the business when looked through the glasses of ”web in 2018”… Maybe hasnt aged all that well but lookin well retro and quite original in a way. Whats the deal with that strawman though? Is thet what elektron employees used to look like before Cenk and Simon?

Happy Birthday :3lektron: - may the next 20 years be fruitful and filled to the brim with nextlevelness!

No strawman - that Sir is a Space Invader!

7 Likes

Is this proof that we are going to see flying Elektrons in the future?

2 Likes

Elektron Invader, you buy it and he makes the music

1 Like

Pure Love :hearts:

8 Likes

Grattis på tjugonde födelsedagen, @Elektron

4 Likes

Surely it can’t be a coincidence that the last two decades have also produced some of the most exciting electronic artists and music since the 1970s…

1 Like

They grow up so fast :sweat_smile:

Edit: if 40 is “Over the Hill”, is 20 “Over the Bridge”?

7 Likes

Time for a space invader video. Cenk valiantly battles the attackers with live skills on a succession of increasingly capable setups. When the innumerable hordes threaten to overwhelm him, Cuckoo swoops in to provide air support, wearing huge goggles and a really long silk scarf.

I expect a great soundtrack.

3 Likes

(Zoom on the space ship to see Cenk)

https://www.elektronauts.com/uploads/default/original/3X/3/d/3d98643e7907eb3025367666a08beeeeb42a310f.gif

7 Likes

Better on OTmkII, bigger screen and crossfader to move ship, scene button to fire :rofl:

1 Like

Imagine if someone made breakout using the Octatrack as a controller just because they could? :rofl:

4 Likes

5 YEARS LATER

4 Likes