Elektron at NAMM 2018

Maybe Elektron got secretive after the Analog MkII leaks, and are withholding all info until after NAMM.

I thought it was hinted?

1 Like

All I want is a disappointing announce so I can go back to spending my money on modules for my eurorack that will make disappointing noises.

8 Likes

Maybe theyā€™ll just announce a new USB cable or something :smiley:

3 Likes

A new CV split cable kit. That would do the trick.

I just hope they donā€™t go Eurocrack and such. I have been resisting quite well so far.

4 Likes
On that note

Have you played around any with Reaktor? That might hold you over-or let you try it out before diving into the Patch Cable Jungle? (Iā€™ve been meaning to play with it more myselfā€¦)

No, I just canā€™t stand the screen. Or more likely the mouse. It just kills any will to play music, in me.
Plus there is FB, Elektronauts and such. Canā€™t really make music in such environment.
I have Reaktor 6, to answer your question. And Iā€™ve tried VCV Rack. But I just canā€™t stand it.
I mean, a good part of the fun in modular comes from patching :smiley:
Software makes me feel like Iā€™m playing a synth keyboard with the mouse : same pleasure (= none)

0-Coast has killed my GAS for modular, so far.
But GAS is a tough beast.

4 Likes

I feel ya- thereā€™s something very romantic about touch legit hardware machines, shifting the sounds directly with the turn of a knob. But since Iā€™ve shifted over to a mostly ITB workflow it HAS become more natural feeling(albeit blown out of the water whenever I turn on my Digitakt).

You HAVE, however, given me a decent idea for my next Python project:

disconnect from the internet or wifi whenever Ableton(or whatever program is open) and only be able to connect to the internet/wifi when itā€™s requested directly from within the program(with approval, of course).

So that would solve ONE problem! Thanks for the inspiration!

3 Likes

Iā€™d bet my left gonad Elektron wonā€™t unveil anything entirely new.

1 Like

I canā€™t say which is worse- winning or losing that bet

6 Likes

Confused why I opted for the leftā€¦

"Entirely" is doing a lot of work in that sentence. :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

I heard that Elektron will announce a new cryptocurrency, trigcoin, at NAMMā€¦ They may even show the new undermine software that processes transactions and runs on Digitaktā€¦

12 Likes

Iā€˜m so grateful Iā€˜m not only immune to Eurorack but find it aesthetically appaling.

9 Likes

Flagship flagship >$1399 incoming from Elektrons

2 Likes

hereā€™s an instagram of kaitlyn aurelia smith. in the background thereā€™s a synthesizer (?) that looks like what an analog keys mk 2 would look like, if there was one. in my humble opinion. edit: also known as the ā€œsh-101ā€ :smirk:

The SH-101?

2 Likes

hahaā€¦ yes ā€“ sorry

1 Like

Wait d2ba, you made a bet with Ryan that there would be nothing new from Elektron at NAMM?

1 Like