ELEKTRON, are You really working on AU?

Any News?
Totally disappointed.

I have given up on using the audio interface function with Logic. Would be cool if one could use the Plugin for editing/automation only, but even that does not work without issues on my system.
So +1 for any info if there will or will not be a working solution for Logic.

Don’t count on it, macOS sierra is also around the corner…

1 Like

Hi Solitud

Same here, I tried hard to find some workaround in Logic. But sad to say, it´s not going to happen. But after I started to work with the AR as a midi machine only, fun began to roll.
There were 3 parameters needed to be set.

1. Recording delay (Audio pref) to get it right in time when recording AR into Logic.
  2. MIDI output delay (MIDI pref), to get the playback sync working.
  3. Track delay (track parameters) to get my live “add on” in time. (if you quantize the adds in logic it will not sound as if that track belongs to another song.)

Now I got it it more or less sample accurate. Of course it will change a bit back and forth all the time (on the highest resolution) but it´s really no problem. It´s so tight in time so I can quantize the recorded audio for any final adjustments without any problems.

And it goes without saying, all the movements I do can be automated in Logic.

So now I can focus on doing music again:)
Be well
T
PS I´m sure there is another, more brilliant solution out there, this was just my flip of the coin. And of course it would be beautiful if the plug in could work!

2 Likes

how do you record audio? using the audio outs on the AR/A4?

I ordered the USAMO to get the machines synced in Logic. Fingers crossed that will work well.

we may ask Elektron to focus on the sync and the editor first as we always can record via audio cables. I mean, Expertsleepers technology work well with logic

Hi Insect,
from today I quit overbridge cause nervous breakdown… :slight_smile:
I started using my AK by connecting it directly from LR.
In logic I created an external midi track and it seems to work well, but clearly I can only record a TRK at a time.
The advantage is that I have no problems with noise and sync…but my problem now are the automation.
Normaly with my plug in, i use the learn automation command in Aut. section, but with my AK seems not work correctly.
Do you use the Rec command directly in Logic?
Thanks
S.

but what shoud work is to use the AU/VST editor only and record audio via audio cable, that avoid the famous bitchrusher sound. Sync is another topic and USAMO comes into the game.

Doesn´t have the AK 4 seperate outs? For A4 you can record 2 mono outs in a time when panning sounds L/R.

Yes AK have separate output but, i have Apogee Duet with only 2 Input.
Do you Know and if is possible, how to use the plug AU just as editor?
Sync for me now, with external midi instruments is negligible.
After recording the audio i’m fixing all with audio editor, including latency.

THX :slight_smile:
S.

Thanks, all good advices. Yes, I am getting it to work with the traditional approach. I am recording the Rytm via my Apollo16. I don’t sequence the Rytm in Logic but just send the MIDI clock. It works reasonable well/tight.
Bummer, for once I wanted to do it like the cool kids :confused:.
Not that I want to bitch but I think the advertising wasn’t quite honest with:

Always in complete sync at all times. One USB cable is all it takes.

You already got your nervous breakdown. It worked for me kind of when you disable all channels in the Overbridge Control Panel. That should remove the USB latency issues.

Hi Insect

Yes I record from the audio outs,

Best// T

New OS release. No mention of AU Logic overbridge improvement. It must be really frustrating for many that Elektron used this as an advertising point to sell units then never actually got it to work. Hell, I bought Live just to record the individual audio tracks over USB then to export the audio to Logic.

1 Like

And they also mention that Overbridge is not working with OSX Sierra. Of course it 's understandable but that remind me why i prefer to use hardware. OS update breaking stuff etc … harggg the horror.

2 Likes

I am using overbridge with analog keys and logic x with no issues. My main sound card is apollo 8.
I made a video on request. It may help you.

A couple of things

1. you lose effects using this method (who cares use plugs)
  2. you don’t aggregate
1 Like

just throwing out there that I have experienced absolutely no glitches, drop outs, or crashes using MacBook Pro mid 2012, os x 10.9.5 , and logic 10.2.2, with Rytm 1.30c, OB 1.10.1. Has been perfectly stable…

Just received an Analog Heat through the post and wondering if anyone know’s when us Logic heads are likely to get connected? I see on the box that it supposedly works out of the box with Ableton.

Something tells me it’s going to be months for Logic for some reason. Wasn’t there a pretty long wait for Analog Four to be compatible with AU?

I’m just curious to know when Overbridge for Analog Heat will be out period…