Elektron and MPC Prog Change

GOT IT…

gotta use List. forget about the MAIN page.
its needs to be set up like this…on s two bar loop you set the change on the last 1/4 of the last bar.
I have one loop of each section with just the loop, the duplicate has the Program Change in it.

still using the Logic environment to keep the messages clean.

all sounds come from Digitone. perc sounds are on Digitone, synth sounds are MIDI triggered from MPC to show that both the seq in the DN and the MPC are in time.
there is NO EXCUSE for the shit loops…but I chose sounds to distinguish the different patterns and sequences.

IT WERKS and its TITE!

6 Likes

Great, congratulations, thanks for sharing :+1:

Amazing, so to clarify, is the fault with the MPC, rather than the Elekrons?

Could the Elektron machines be more forgiving of bloated messages do you think, or is it just bad software on the MPC?

You could totally make an intermediary breakout box using an Arduino or Pi that does just this job. Always place it between the MPC and the Elektron and it should work!

If I knew why the MPC forces and event at the start of the first bar, I might have a better idea. But…as everyone seems to be having issues with different gear triggering program change on Elektron gear, even the Elektrons (having to put a prog change within the last quarter of the last bar for it werk), I’d say the issue is with the Elektron boxes.

Elektron are designed to receive PC at least 200ms before,

1 Like

This seems to have been addressed in latest.

you mean with the 7 april firmware?

I didnt read it in the release note this change

The MPC follows the Elektron gear perfectly if you set the sequence to the same length of the pattern on the Elektron box you are following…

I just wish the MPC could be the master that sent a pc message a bit early…
Akai would have to make an Elektron option to send pc earlier if it were ever to work correctly