Elektron Analog Heat MKII: No audio (without using Overbridge) through headphones

Go easy on me. I’m an Elektron newbie, but have really enjoyed my devices and fully bought in (literally and figuratively) into the workflow, but I’m having a frustrating issue.

Currently, I’m using the Octatrack MKII as a performance mixer (using EZBOT’s template) with my Digitakt, Digitone, and Syntakt attached with the Keystep 37 as my midi controller. I’ve got the outputs of my Octatrack going into the inputs of the Analog Heat MKII and I’m not receiving any sound from my headphones, which are connected to the headphone output on the Analog Heat. Normally, I’d use monitor speakers and my laptop, but I’m trying to learn all my Elektron gear and have it on my coffee table until I’m feeling really comfortable with the workflow before introducing Ableton/Overbridge/etc. That said, there’s no laptop or Overbridge involved, which I’ve read there are audio problems with Overbridge and the Analog Heat, but that’s not the case here.

It’s strange that I’m seeing input levels (see photo) on the Analog Heat but getting no sound through the headphones, while I can hear everything fine when my headphones are plugged into the headphone output on the Octatrack. Are there some settings in the Analog Heat I’m not taking into consideration? Would super appreciate any suggestions or support!

Hey Luetgenau. Welcome to the forum! You truly have bought all in! I hate to ask the obvious, but is your filter fully closed? You can actually turn the filter off hitting both the right and left filter buttons at the same time. Also, maybe try going around on some presets. Sometimes with the Heat the “wet amount” can be turned way down making it seem like there is no sound.

Hi @Gerry_Dorsey! I super appreciate the comment. Yes, I did try turning off the filter (and on with it wide open) as well as flipped through a few presets to no avail. So weird that I’m seeing the levels but not hearing anything.

!

I figured it out with some assistance from the seller on Reverb. The audio routing settings needed some tweaking to analog in/out. Sounding great now!

2 Likes