Elektron Analog Four Midi Sync Help

Hey Everyone, Im trying to midi clock sync my elektron Analog Four to a mother 32 modular. I have a midi cable between the elektron’s midi out to the mother 32 midi in on the front panel. I also have clock send selected. Still no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you checked which midi channels you are using? And which the Mother 32 receives on?

clock is not a channel message

=======

OP: make sure you have MIDI going to the DIN and not just to USB

so USB+MIDI or MIDI in the appropriate menu option

3 Likes

Ah ok, my bad! I will remember that from now on :flushed:

2 Likes

still no luck… i have tried din 24 and 48 to mother 32… still not receiving clock signal…

I sometimes clock my Volca Sample from the A4 and im pretty sure that uses regular midi (i know we’re talking about completely different devices though!).

Also, the M32 has a sequencer, wouldn’t you need to send transport too?

1 Like

Well, Im not really needing to send transport… unless its required to run correctly… but I have tried with and without transport … I just need the mother 32 to clock in sequence with the analog four… there aren’t too many midi options to set up on the mother 32… a few… but i have tried almost every combination in the limited midi setup on the mother 32… thanks for the reply! Ill keep trying other ideas…

Checklist:
Working MIDI cable
Connect AF MIDI Out to M32 MIDI In

On the AF:
In PROJECT > MIDI CONFIG > MIDI SYNC menu:
Activate CLOCK SEND
Activate TRANSPORT SEND

In PROJECT > MIDI CONFIG > MIDI PORT CONFIG menu:
Set OUT PORT FUNC to “MIDI”
Set OUTPUT TO to “MIDI”

On the M32:
Set “Tempo” knob to something reasonable
Don’t plug anything into the “Tempo” or other sequencer inputs in the patchbay

5 Likes

That’s not MIDI, those are older CV era sync standards … see Peter’s post

Keep it simple - if you have the option to check DIN MIDI on a computer then use a midi monitor to see what you are actually sending out - if all good - look at the moog

3 Likes

Hey Peter!

Thanks for the reply! I will try this… sorry for the late response, i have been working on some other projects. Now Im beginning to dive into the analog four… Finally! Working through the manual page by page to learn this beast… It is so beautiful though…A trulls great piece of kit and learning it is a joy… pushing buttons feels so wonderful and diving into menus is nostalgic for myself! Thanks for the info and I look forward to troubleshooting this … Im also trying to concept out how I would use the Elektron Four tempo to control a eurorack modular… which I feel should not be too different in concept from the Mother 32! Again… thanks for the info!

Much Analog magic to you Friend!

Mark

1 Like

In order to not make any more threads I borrow this one with a similar problem. I have a analog keys synced via OB to logic. The analog keys listens perfectly to the computer but the midi between analog keys and a roland jx-3p does not seem to catch on. I use a DIN MIDI-cabel from the MIDI OUT on the A.K and MIDI IN on the JX-3P.

Cheers

Recently got a Mother32 to match with my A4 MKI. However i cannot sync via MIDI ,nor send START/STOP messages from my A4 to the mother32. Can anyone tell me the right settings for mother32 and A4 ? I use a midi cable from midi out (a4) to midi in (mother32). Thanks!

Do you search in A4 manual? I guess you could find something around midi sync.

1 Like

did you update the M32 to the latest OS - as that cleared up some of the midi sync issues…