Electronic Open Mic Nights

I would say it’s a nice compliment.

You haven’t been to Derby mate.

2 Likes

Sadly not tonight - all a bit under the weather.

1 Like

I will be at the Leigh on Sea one tonight.

1 Like

Never. How is it? I may have said something wrong? But just to be clear, I was referring to your music.

1 Like

I’ll get in the car now…

Derby’s a shithole, but I was mostly just taking the piss.

1 Like

It worked. :rofl:

1 Like

The only place I have had a car broken into. They tried to steal some folk music CDs, and then decided they didn’t like them, so chucked them on a roof

2 Likes

Sounds like Derby.

i hosted an open mic for over three years

we had all sorts of participants but lots of cool electronic acts, modular people, and rapper/producers

i still go to that open mic to participate but i gave the hosting to my buddy.

there are a few other open mics here, too, and i like breaking up the guitar acts with a nice noise set

3 Likes

Any chance of an update of this please ? :smiley:

This is the latest list I am aware of.

3 Likes

That’s great. Thank you :smiley:

Never taken part in one. I’m a relatively competent guitar and piano player and I’ve played at loads of folk nights throughout my life. Never felt the confidence to go and play my electronic music in front of anyone. This next year might change that outlook though.
Glasgow has a few good outlets for this, I’m going to get involved at last.

Here’s a list of open beat night in London in November, the one on the 25th has moved to 2nd Dec to a new venue.

Not just beats btw, especially the Monday night regular has lots of variety.

1 Like

I was waiting for London events … is that published anywhere other than here ?

Any Cornish amongst you would be most welcome to come along to the Falmouth EMOM on 29th November, the inaugural one last month was packed and we have nearly all slots filled for this month , seems like its going to be a regular thing at the Bank, plus there is a top sound guy doing all the hard work for the audience!

1 Like

Announcement for an “electronic jam session” on 13 December in Grenoble, France: https://facebook.com/events/s/jam-a-cables/728657835790007/

Related - a relatively new resident has set up a monthly muso’s meet-up in my local small town (Ilkley). Surprising how many have gotten involved.

I managed to get to the first one, but it clashes with another monthly meeting.

So, might be worth doing something like that even if you don’t necessarily fancy the EMOM idea.