Electronic component advice

I’m hoping to tap the community mind for a bit of advice on something that bent my mind for a few hours, I’m convinced (well, I hope) there is a solution …

Essentially I need to utilise what is effectively (it’s not don’t ask) a SPST push to make switch to perform the equivalent function of a SPDT. I’ll be doing so in a circuit where there is a approximate 5V signal so I was envisaging that the circuit could be turned on and internally there’s be some re-routing. I was looking at how to do it with transistors somehow but wondered if there was an obvious IC that was sitting there ready to do this or some efficient digital relay chip.

In the diagram I tried to make it self explanatory, but I definitely cannot work with anything but the SPST to activate the circuit . Basically there’s a voltage divider I want to momentarily enable full voltage as though the the resistance r was maxed. It’s fine to minimise the Vout by grounding but connecting Vout directly to Vin does not give the full voltage which is important, I need to break the normal divided signal at the same time I create a new connection. So it’s functionally like a SPDT but it really need not be exactly like that - I just need Vin to exactly equal Vout momentarily via a SPST push to make by putting something in the yellow area. Any neat/simple/efficient suggestions on how to tackle this only using a SPST … I’m not averse to incorporating a small battery if I can guarantee Vin = Vout, there must be an IC which can be a SPDT, my googlefu hasn’t yielded anything as yet

1 Like

Is this the sort of thing you are looking for?

doesn’t appear to be, but maybe I don’t follow what is revealed, it breaks a signal and lights the LED, but there’s no circuit I can transfer to the above although teh switch looks fun, it’s not applicable for me - I have the switch predetermined it’s why I need to work around its restrictions (being a push to make SPST)

1 Like

Okay - I have discovered a lead to follow - I’d been searching for Digital Switches but searching for Analogue Switches (in IC form) revealed the desired category of chips

This FTR is a CMOS Analog Switch (Vishay Part DG419) it is a simple SPDT switch activated by +ve voltage logic so it’s fine for me (I think) with the SPST and 5V supply

This is working on the assumption it will adopt one switch throw position when no power is provided, this seems to be what will happen, plus these aren’t too expensive - should be good - any advice still welcome