Effects plugins recommendations?

It’s not that bad is it?

TBH I’m more disappointed there’s no autogain. I’d take that over x8 sampling any day. I couldn’t see myself buying this at all. If I get a copy I’ll use it though, if it can do something special.

1 Like

It looks like a prototype I would build at work before I had a designer assigned to my project :). Sorta reminds me of the 90s. Anyway if it’s free or really cheap it looks fine. Otherwise I want to be paying for a bit more in the visual department.

1 Like

The Arouser (Distressor) was about $400 when they released it iirc.

Yeah for that much some effort could be put into font choice, not using pure white, contrasted text color in the gain knobs, some padding on the oct box below width, fixing the feel of font size ratios, and that’s literally 3 mins of thoughts from an engineer with no design background and wouldn’t even require hiring someone.

1 Like

I can see by the use of the word padding you’re a Web Designer?

1 Like

I’m a architect for a large enterprise software firm

1 Like

I don’t know what that is, but it sounds fancy.

1 Like

Look for glitchmachines plugins, they are highly recommended for any kind of effect you want to create althought they are fully packed with presets…
Special mention for Scope, Subvert and Hysteresis.
There is also a bunch of free samples and VSTs to start from:

1 Like

https://klanghelm.com/contents/main.html
https://www.softube.com/

That’s all you’d ever need, it really is. There’s tonnes more though…

Softube have got to be the best at modelling overall. It can be quite pricey though, £500 for a software EQ…

Just have a look at those four sites, there’s enough there for about 4 years.

1 Like

Convex is my favorite, used alongside other heavy modulation plugins (like Excalibur or Molekular), it can be very transformative. Even simple sounds like a 909 tom drum through the pair can give you an alien like stab.

It’s worth the $50, but sometimes pluginboutique has Glitchmachines Convex for $10

Hi! can someone help please? The other weeks I was reading about a fairly recent release of an effects rack VST by a reputable company, something like 30, 40? effects independently routable. Including all one’s needs, reverb, delays, modulation etc.
Was it IK Multimedia? not sure. Soundtoys? unlikely.
I remember the interface was on the coloured/joyful side.

Eventide? Scroll down a bit on this page: Plug-ins | Eventide

And for the routable bit, maybe you meant this: H3000 Factory | Eventide Legendary Harmonizer® plugin

I’m positive it was not Eventide.
I’m biased towards McDSP rack now…

Reason rack ?

Hmm not really. McDSP or IK Multimedia I think. Any others?

Native Instruments released the updated version of Guitar Rig this year which has a pretty colourful interface. This latest version adds in a whole slew of their individual plugins within the rack environment. Might be that one?

Not really but that one looks cool and might just be what I need - a tool that’s both clean and experimental when pushed.

Sounds like the IK Multimedia MixBox:

https://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/mixbox/

Yessss @craig proper man, thank you.
Now to figure out if it’s worth forking out 350 euros.

1 Like

Try the demo version for sure :slight_smile: