Effects not working on MachineDrum inputs

Hi, so here’s my problem, I enter the MachineDrum in input A with my sp-404, but the effects such as delay, or reverb do not work, while the distortion or lfo for exemple works.
what’s strange is that on my input B, the effects do work. can anyone please enlighten me?

never experienced this myself, what os version, model are you running?

on my mk1 the inputs can behave strangely when the dsp is pushed to the limits.
sometimes a soft reset from the boot menu can resolve.
(other tests are to make sure no trigs a pulling the fx sends to 0, or the input track being used isn’t routed to an output?)

2 Likes

awesome, the soft reset did it for me.
thank you very much for your answer!!

3 Likes

I would never have thought to try a soft reset from the boot menu, what does it actually achieve?

Love your YouTube vids of the MD, bloody brilliant. Never stop!

1 Like

I’m not entirely sure. Would love someone to chime in with the facts.
After a soft reset ROMs sometimes aren’t available until a reboot so maybe some kind of dsp reset/clear?

Like clearing the cache on a computer? :smiley:

No idea. Unclogging the tubes.

1 Like

What is the name of your YT channel ? would love to see what you do with it.

@shunksounds

There’s a playlist of md only jams that has some unlisted stuff. Some have stood the test of time, some haven’t :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Still have the jam from 15th Oct 2023 on Discord in my ear a bit, those were multiple great songs! Would love to hear them again …

1 Like

I think those maybe lost to the jam ether…

Sometimes going forwards is easier than trawling through past projects and rom back ups 🫥
but they maybe in some form in CS thread…

1 Like

:sob:

A soft reset probably resets internal settings, things that are not user-facing. It also clears out all ROM samples if the machine is UW and there are samples stored. So, yes, it is similar to clearing the cache from a browser. These old machines, OT an earlier at least, do get stuck with weird settings from time to time.

1 Like

Coincidentally, just after I made the last post, my Quadraverb starting acted really funny, and only a soft reset would fix it.

where can i find them ? ^^

123! videos of good, bad and downright ugly.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLM36O-OkFaNyOYhS0W2VSm1WDGu5FhzF6