Effects from analog rytm

Hi, i have one question. Can i use effects from analog rytm mk1 with audio from outside. I think about using effect from them to all my project.

1 Like

As far as i remember no, the external inputs go straight to the compressor (which is after the delays etc) - I tried. You can use the Compressor but that’s it

3 Likes

I dont want use external input I toutgh about connect machine to ableton end sends audio by usb

SIDECHAIN INPUTS ROUTING
In addition to the outputs, the plugin also has four stereo (L/R) inputs.
If you wish to route audio (from, for example, a regular software plugin or an external instrument jacked into your DAW) through a voice on your Overbridge device, to treat the audio to some lush analog processing, four stereo slots are prepared for this purpose. Choose any destination track you want.
Click one of the eight boxes below the topic Sidechain Inputs Routing on the Device settings menu (ac- cessed by clicking the device icon in the top right corner of the plugin window), then select which destina- tion you wish to route audio through.
Any track with audio capacity on your Analog instrument may be set as a destination: Main L, Main R or Track 1 through to 4 on the Analog Keys/Four. Main L, Main R, Main FX L, Main FX R or Track 1 through to 12 on the Analog Rytm (note, however that the Main L/R of the devices routes the audio directly to the outputs - if processing is what you’re after, choose another destination track).
Also, if you route audio through an individual synth or drum track, remember that the amp must be triggered for any audio to pass through.
You will be surprised at how much zest you can get out of even the most mundane software beat by routing it through the filters and amp of an Elektron Analog instrument and experi- menting with different combinations of parameters!

It would appear so via overbridge via Sidechain (that’s from the manual). I’ve never done it on the Rytm (assumed it was set up the same way as the external inputs) but done it on the Keys. I’ll try it out when I can.

5 Likes

Thanks for help :wink:

I’d forgotten about this. Thanks for the reminder.

Yep, works fine using overbridge. It’s a bit of a convoluted setup, but once you save it as an AR pattern or project to reuse it later, it’s quite convenient (especially to use the juicy filtering and distortion on DAW material!)

1 Like

just remember to trig your rytm tracks once when sending audio to them from ob, otherwise you will not hear sound :nyan:

1 Like

But how do I route the audio from a VST track in my DAW into the enabled Sidechain track?

first enable at least one output channel to rytm in the overbridge settings application.

then send audio to this output channel in your daw, of course ob plugin must be running.

also dont forget to trigger this track on rytm once, to open the gate, like mentioned here before

details are in the ob 2.0 pdf manual

“then send audio to this output channel in your daw” this is the part I dont know how to do in Cubase, I dont see any output track labeled rytm or whatever

sorry, never used cubase… thats a question for cubase manual or forum

have you completed the first steps?

yes I have, but I guess is something missed in the beta VST for Cubase.

Don’t forget to turn on the the respective tracks you would like to route your audio to via the OVERBRIDGE application, If you don’t, when you route audio to the RYTM in your DAW you won’t hear anything.

By default only Master L & R are turned on and audio routed to the master won’t be processed by the filter or drive. I’m not sure if these settings are reset everytime you update Overbridge as well, since they make you remove the old version and reinstall the new version. Never mentioned anywhere why this was the case.