Editor for Analog Four

For my English ability,I don’t understand what you guys talking about.
Reaktor?I don’t know anything about Reaktor.
Anyway I can’t make a VST plugin.
And about M4L version,I think Ableton has some MIDI limitations.

I see… Reaktor can also morph between snapshots, right?

The issue you’re describing - accessing A4 sound parameters - is something I’m trying to solve by reading the A4 Sound/Kit SysEx messages. Gotta say it works very well… stay tuned.[/quote]

Analyzing the SysEx Messages for the Sound files can be time consuming looking forward to this if you are going to make Sound morph/interpolation utility. A utility that could read SysEx would be awesome!

:slight_smile:

it was a chore, but very much worth it. I can access all the fields in sounds and kits, e.g.:

Currently experimenting with a genetic breeding thing: you send one or more sounds from your A4’s Sound Bank to it, the app mashes them up and sends altered mashed up / mutated Sounds back to a target range within your Sound Bank.

Toughest part, as always, is a UI.

2 Likes

Thanks for this. It looks great.
I’m probably being really stupid though, but I can’t seem to get it to work.
I have the A4 setup like you said in your first post, but it doesn’t seem to be receiving the midi over usb from Max runtime.

The A4 shows up in the midi inputs and outputs on the Max Runtime midi setup page.
Any ideas?

It would be great to lock some parameters like pitch,fine tune on both osc. from randomization. It will help if you want to make stuff in key of music for example.

Mokomo, please keep us updated on your Reaktor patch!

The ability to embed it into a DAW and automate parameters etc would be great. Not sure if it’s feasible, but being able to embed and recall patches as a normal VST does would be super cool.

Would be nice with a normal VST editor :slight_smile:

@dcsux
Could you download this file.
http://www.mediafire.com/view/8xtqtcftfkyhtyo/_a4polylayer.maxpat

And double-click this.
First, push refresh button for refreshing midi in/out port.
And set mode to Poly.
Then choose MIDIIN and play some chords.
If midi connection is right ,LED would be light.

And then choose MIDIOUT port.
If you connect A4 and PC via USB,choose “Elektron Analog Four”.
Like picture below.

Then play some chords.
If A4 make sounds,please report here.
I will describe a sequel of using my editor.
Thanks

It is in the Reaktor library for download.

+1

@hyakken

Poly patch works greater with voice steal mode in poly. That should looks like this in your patch: poly 4 1 (in poly subpatch)

upd. or you could add this mode in your patch as an option

@hyakken
great. tried it briefly this morning and it seemed to work.
looking forward to spending some time with it this weekend.
thanks again!

@dr-rain
I will add voice steal mode,thanks!

@dcsux
enjoy poly!

thx mokomo for the reaktor patch, would be nice to have a clear track sound state to start from (as in the sound menu of the A4) with a randomizer level.

even without, thx for that ensemble.

I thought I had a Clear snapshot? Might need to do some fixing!

Hello,
I added advanced menu to the randomizer.
You can customize randomizing behavior deeply.

And I also added some new modes(Trk1234,PolyA,PolyB) to a4polylayer patch.
Poly_A = ignore new notes if all 4 voices are used
Poly_B = replace old note to new one

Good Patch.
Two question… Any thought, on a Max for Live version?
And are all of your patch parts MIRA compatible? I could see running MIRA next to the A4 and doing contemporaneous effect changes.

I just downloaded the demo I’ll gotta to give it a try.

@dimi3
I tried to make M4L version,but it didn’t go well.
So I can’t promise.

And I don’t have ipad,so I can’t say anything about MIRA,sorry.

If you can use with MIRA,please report here.

Love the new randomiser functions!

To use with MIRA you’d have to put a mira frame around the objects you wanted on each page/tab on the ipad. Not all objects are supported and/or rendered as they are on the computer. In theory you could do it as you don’t need to pay for the mira max package. I’m also putting together a max editor, doing so with a view to mira integration will dictate some ui aspects. I’ve asked in another thread about sysex implementation, it seems to be lacking presently compared to the MD in terms of what can be requested externally to the unit.

I hope Elektron will provide a dump current buffer (kit/sound etc) req command, that’s so handy for syncing editor to A4 (even just a full nrpn dump would be handy) nudge, nudge

1 Like