Edit: i fixed my issue, it wasnt model cycles

I was just asking cuz I had an experience where I thought my I/O crapped out. Turns out midway down my headphone cable the wires inside broke :confused:

But your Focusrite no longer werks?
Does Cycles still transmit audio via USB to your DAW?

Sounds like the Focusrite may be the culprit, in turn, frying your headphones?

2 Likes

It just sucks because they were beyerdynamic DT770 studio 80 ohms, and they were awesome. So pissed

2 Likes

To me, it sounds like your interface is the main issue here. It might be possible that some sort of static surge from a USB ground loop could have damaged the interface. I would think that the headphones are robust enough to survive that. That being said

Which Beyerdynamics do you have? if youā€™re plugging them into portable speakers (headphone out, I assume), I doubt the speakers have enough oomph to drive the beyerdynamics. Iā€™d try plugging your headphones into something that can handle the input impedance of the headphones.

1 Like

Possibly :frowning:

Iā€™m honestly not a huge fan of ASIO4ALL in that itā€™s not actively maintained and I had to buy a Mac or use an iPad to have class compliant drivers work well. I havenā€™t had issues with my Cycles on PC and the ASIO4ALL drivers with a short test when first getting them and a few recordings but I havenā€™t done a lot of that A/Bing and flipping back and forth.

The 80 should be fine, I have more issues with my 250 needing more ā€œoomphā€.

1 Like

So, cycles does transmit audio via usb with FL studio Asio, but as an audio interface itself, its horrible. Cycles headphone input is literally broken, and produces no audible frequency, I tested other headphones. I know for sure the cycles is defective regarding its headphone input. as far as the interface, it was working perfectly before I connected cycles via usb, a week after having it, it just crapped out.

Wait - the Cycles only has a headphone output. As an interface, it can only output sound from your computer / source. It has no inputs for piping audio into your computer.

1 Like

No, there is no danger at all. Otherwise the world would be full of damaged USB devices if this would be the case.

It simply doesnā€™t work when you connect 2 USB client devices together.

1 Like

Its not so much the volume, there is literally no bass frequency left at all in the headphones, and it sounds like the speakers were blown. I have used to DT770s with my portable speakers before just fine

Thatā€™s somewhat ASIO4ALLā€™s fault, you need to adjust the buffer pretty carefully to avoid dropouts and glitches.

If you have a camera connection kit, you can try it with an iPad or iPhone device and probably hear it much better.

I gave up trying to use alternate ASIO drivers on a PC and stick to anything with a reliable native driver like RMEā€™s offerings :frowning:

Hence why I was curious about the MIDI I/O .

1 Like

cycles also has left right output, and it has no inputs as a traditional audio interface would have. However, it should work as a basic interface, mine however worked like a piece of junk this way

This stuff is always the headphone adaptor for me. Need to buy a reliable one! That makes everything trebley, no sound etc.

That might just be bad timing. USB audio should be totally good from Cycles unless buffer is too low or the USB cable is crap.

side note: Apparently there are two types of USB C, one for data and power and one for charging (if I remember what Nick Bat was talking about) using a charging cable for data would cause problems. Correct if Iā€™m mistaken

1 Like

I used the cable that came with the cycles

2 Likes

Cycles is not an audio interface. It just has the ability to transmit audio over USB

Good to know. :+1:t6:

Sound on Sound did a review, this is what they said

The USB port provides MIDI comms with your computer, and lets you use the Cycles as a stereo audio interface. Sadly, thereā€™s no Overbridge for plugā€‘in-based control and DAW integration. However, you can stream audio using the audio interface feature, and I like that you can choose not to include the effects. Unfortunately, I never got this to work.

The difference between a charging and a data cable is that the chargers are missing the extra wires/pin connections for data. It wonā€™t be problematic beyond that you wonā€™t see the data connection on your PC, but itā€™d still charge your cellphone.

1 Like

The issue is I think that Elektron is very much vague about cycles as an audio interface

Sound on Sound tried it, but they were not successful to get it to work properly