Duplicates in sound menu

Hi all,

I seem to have transferred a bunch of sound presets to my Syntakt multiple times and I have a hard time cleaning everything up as the sounds aren’t even in the same order on every upload.

I found a similiar (unsolved) question for the Digitone in the forums, but still … is there any way to find and remove duplicates? I’m aware of Elk Herd via WebMIDI because it helped a lot with my Model:Samples, but unfortunately it seems to be incompatible with Syntakt 1.20.

Bonus question: If I actually remove a preset from the sound pool, can it mess up tracks using that preset? Or are the machine and all its settings saved with the project independently?

Thanks so much
Ralf

The Elektron Transfer app is the best place to manage sounds. You can select multiples/ranges with ctrl and shift keys, and it’s easy to organize them there. The sounds are tiny files so it’s easy to back up all banks to start.

And yes, putting a sound in a track or in the sound pool just makes a copy of that sound, it’s fine to move or delete the source sound.

3 Likes

Thanks – and of course I should have mentioned that I’m using Transfer. I just wish I could sort all banks alphabetically to get a better overview.

In theory you can also send the files to your file system, sort and rename as needed, and drag and drop back in.

You’re right. And now I realize it’s rather pointless because I can just delete and cleanly re-upload all presets without losing anything. Thanks!

1 Like