Dub Techno Recommendations

Cheers :slight_smile:

Crosspost from the dub techno chord synth thread -

Perhaps one of the very finest examples of proper beautiful washy ambient dub techno that I’ve ever come across. 2 hours and 38 minutes, 5 tracks, the 4th of which is just over an hour long and had me utterly transfixed in front of my monitors for the duration when I heard it. This album really exemplifies the continuous transformation aspect of the genre.

Album is $18, worth every penny IMO.

2 Likes

just got this 10" from my local record dealer. Such good music!

Does anyone knows who SND & RTN is?

1 Like

Here’s a Spotify playlist I created if you like that kind of thing. Taken from the 32 best dub techno albums article, and a couple of more recent ones:

4 Likes

new Markus Masuhr … great combination of dub chords with elektro beats, not heared very often in dubtechno, all recorded from his modular synths

and my Sandstones EP on Etui

To give something back to the great elektronauts community: redeem code elektronauts for 10% off on everything from our bandcamp :wink:

6 Likes

For all dub techno vinyl collectors here, i noticed there are quite a few nice repressed records available at Clone.nl for those who need to complete their classic collection:
New available stock while it lasts:

• Maurizio M series
  • Rythm & Sound
  • Basic Channel

I couldn’t afford them all unfortunately, so might as well point my fellow Elektronauts on this.
Haven’t checked availability on other record stores, so perhaps your local store have new stock also.

3 Likes

So sorry if it’s already been mentioned but http://schizoid.in/schizoid-dub.pls is a pretty good radio station. Not necessarily all the time but good to dip in and out of.

1 Like

Great mix released by @insect. The first four tracks and the Alessandro Crimi remix are especially :fire: – bought all of them.

1 Like

Here’s my new album with Essentia Sound. Starts in a sort of familiar place, then ends up somewhere in an underground cave. :wink:

2 Likes
4 Likes

since @waftlord introduced me to Porter Ricks I’m obsessed, I’ve scanned this thread but found very little of that style, less melodic/stabs, deeper darker stuffs, any suggestions where to go from Porter Ricks?

Check out the chain reaction label as a whole.
I’d say Regis but that’s a bit different in sound.
But feel a bit weird recommending anything if you’re creating great stuff without these influences.

Edit: there was another thread called unusual dub techno or similar that had some great shares too.

Go on a Billy Joe Shaver bender, then make some techno inspired by that instead :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

will dig in!

that’s… uhmmm…

that’s more like it! found it and insta bookmarked:

1 Like

Fluxion is one of my favorite artists from Chain Reation besides Porter Ricks.

6 Likes

Yeah be careful how you type that name in.,… then even more careful as you listen.

1 Like

going to check out, will patiently dive into the whole label, Monolake in there as well, sheesh…

1 Like

Soooo classy…

1 Like

Daniel Stefanik is worth checking out:

4 Likes

Didn’t know that one! There’s loads of hidden gems on Statik

1 Like

I noticed his new release in some sort of Dreadbox video, it’s very nice:

2 Likes