DT1 & Ableton

Hey, I was thinking about getting a digitakt before the new one came out, and I still think I want one of the originals now that they might get cheaper too, but I have a question.

I want to pair it with ableton. If I were to sequence, for instance, a pad on one of the mono audio tracks inside the digitakt, would I then be able to copy that track onto one of the midi tracks and have it control the simpler inside of ableton with the same sample only in stereo?

Let me know if the question needs to be clarified.

I might be wrong and maybe I did not understand your question completely.

What I thought I understood is that if you record the audio in Ableton Live via Overbridge, you can record either the the single sample tracks individually and also the master out.
The recording of the master output (e.g. with the Digitakt’s effects) will be truely in stereo, while the individual sample tracks can be recorded “as stereo” in Ableton, but they actually will be mono, just one mono on the left track and the other mono on the right track of the stereo recording.

But anyway, it’s still far from useless. In Ableton you can edit the recording further for your production, use automation for panning like for the pad going from left to right in your ears etc. Or you put VST or Ableton effects on it and so on.