DT OB driver to interface with VCV Rack edit: IT WORKS! pics in thread :D

So I realised we may be able to drive VCV rack from the DT and also pipe channels into VCV for crazy modular effects mangling. Would love to do this without a DAW inbetween. Has anyone tried?

I will try it but my DT is in storage while I move, thought maybe someone else had had the idea and tried already :smiley:

4 Likes

If we could pipe individual channels of the DT to different VCV racks ā€¦ :drooling_face:

And then send a channel back into the DTā€™s new USB input for live resampling :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Genious

I can try this in about 6 hours. And will. I have been thinking how to get my DT to send midi out triggs and lfo down the 8 channels of my FH1 to control modularā€¦but maybe DT to PCā€¦runing VCVā€¦VCV to FH1ā€¦FH1 to Modularā€¦Modular audio to DT sample would be a plethora of optionsā€¦that the modular alone wouldnā€™t haveā€¦

1 Like

Look forward to your findings, I should have my DT back by Friday to test

Just tried it out using the standard ā€œCoreā€ Audio module, I could only get the stereo output from the DT into Rack via USB. I have been able to hook up MIDI fairly easily though, and you can get stereo out from Rack back into the DTā€”easy sampling + sequencing!

Rack does have a ā€œHostā€ plug-in for sale that hosts VSTs (admittedly, I donā€™t have it bc it is $30). This would probably be the best way to break out each voice into individual outs, unless thereā€™s something Iā€™m missing. Has anybody shelled for the Host module that has any input?

1 Like

Iā€™d be up for buying the host module if it does workā€¦
So using the ASIO driver and DT as soundcard didnā€™t expose extra inputs? thats a bummer

Yeah, oddly enough, on my PC the Digi only showed up under WASAPI and DirectSound driver categories (??), and only as stereo in/out. I was pretty bummed, too, individual outs would be amazing in Rack and I was already sketching ideas haha (every voice gets its own Clouds?).

Iā€™m definitely considering picking up Host as well, seems like a really valuable thing to have if itā€™s stable/could support OB.

1 Like

I went and grabbed my DT out of storageā€¦
And it WORKS hahahaha

12 Likes

Hereā€™s the output of VCV being recorded back to DTā€¦
(itā€™s the SEQ-3 triggering the HH module in the screen shot

4 Likes

:open_mouth:

Nicely done! Iā€™ll need to try again tomorrow and see if I can get the ASIO driver to workā€¦ Did you need to do any set up or was it plug-and-play?

Damn, gotta try this tonight!

1 Like

Oh and you can send MIDI out from each DT MIDI track to SEQ VCVā€¦ this is so cool:

5 Likes

close VCV, make sure no other programs that use audio are running. power on DT, then open VCV. Should show up in ASIO section. (just close all other program, even chrome etc)

2 Likes

AHA! This and a quick restart to both devices for good measure did the trick after all!

However, after a quick round of testing, it seems Iā€™m getting the ind. outs starting from out 3 on, meaning I only get the first 6 outs. Outs 1 and 2 are just the full stereo out from the DT. Is this the same for you?

1 Like

Ok got that sorted :smiley:
Download this pack:

3 Likes

Use the module in there called Audio-16, now all inputs are available!

5 Likes

Also with this you can now pass through the inputs L+R 1/4 inch jacks on the back of the DT straight into VCV (inputs 11&12 are the inputs on the back of the DT)

4 Likes

Excellent!! Absolutely stoked for this, thanks so much for all the help!
I have already gotten startedā€¦ :laughing:

In all seriousness, full power DT + Rack is a game changer for me. I wish you happy jamming!

14 Likes

upvote for this

2 Likes