DT limitations

Well put and I couldn’t agree more.

Agree, especially since quite often more options are just exhausting. Ask anyone who has ever struggled to work out what the hell their OT is doing and why, or sat in front of a blank Ableton project with a folder full of great VSTs and no inspiration.

3 Likes

this is the main thing I try to point out when asked why DT is not a copy of an OT, they are not the same instrument. DT is not an MPC or Ableton or Pro Tools, its a DT. In the same way how a Bass is not a Guitar and a Bari Sax is not a Soprano Sax.

Its so important to know exactly what you are buying and what role it will fill in your setup or else there will always be a feature missing.

8 Likes

Though I agree with your post, I’m one that would love just one almost perfect box. After an over complicated day, my enjoyment is simplicity.

2 Likes

“simplicity” and “does everything in a single box” seem mutually exclusive though!

4 Likes

I Don’t know about that, anything can be simple if you take the time to learn it.

Anyways I don’t want to derail a seemingly already derailed thread.

OK. I like the simplicity. But if I want to program a bass sequence, with my midi controller, I cannot use modulation wheel, neither pitch bend …
Worse, if I want to use my midi keyboard to play a simple lead, those informations are filtered out by the digitakt …

I’ve never seen something so frustrating. Is this limitation on purpose ? For creativity ? Use only note on/off, is it a limitation to be creative ?

I think I would have love the box otherwise, but this is too hard to make do.

1 Like

I love my digitakt. The sound is so good that i feel like breakin it. And that’s what i do. That’s my limitation, while the digitakt is still running naked and free in the forests of Finland

1 Like

But this not a limitation, this is a BUG !

And we should at least know if it’s going to be dealt with.

I’m happy that you’re running naked in the forest of finland while your digitakt is free (hmm maybe I got confused on that point). Me I’ve worked a lot on this machine to make it works in my already existing setup, and this point is wrong. And I’m not happy, because I don’t know when they will deal with this bug.

If I knew, I would take a decision hapilly whatever it is, now I’m just waiting with the digitakt taking dust, and my frustration growing.

Dust is no good ! Use your digitakt as an instrument… You will go far !

Every machine, every instrument has limitations… It’s part of the deal. Best is to take those limitations by surprise…

As for your problem ( modulation wheel … ) i wouldn’t know. I have an OT2 to sequence my DT,DN, Virus TI… Maybe someone here can confirm the bug, or guide you through the process…

The way i use my Digitakt , i have not experienced such major problems that could make me frustrated to the point that i spend my time NOT playing it