DT bug reports - OS 1.02

They are different samples.
For example say I sample a few bass sounds from my Minibrute, I have noticed that sometimes they sound like the weight of sound has been lost… I A/B it with the original right after sampling and sometimes it sounds very close to the original and sometimes not.
I do check the meter to ensure Im not clipping when recording the sample.

I also understand that something will get lost when sampling to 16 bit but just wondering why results seem to be inconsistent… also wondering if anyone else has notice this? or maybe I’m just doing something wrong on my end :innocent:

Can anyone else reproduce this:
When recording with nothing attached to inputs/or no volume coming into them, the sampler window records white noise!
I discovered this today trying to do a threshold recording, I set my threshold and while I was getting ready to record the whitenoise triggered the threshold recording and started recording. thinking it must be from my ipad, I unlugged the inputs on the digitakt, and discovered the same thing happens with nothing connected.
Here’s a video:

You’re recording silence, or actually, the noise floor. When this gets auto-normalized, it’s going to be close to white noise.

3 Likes

that does make sense… .
But it should’t trigger the threshold?!

odd thing with p-lock memory:
there’s 72 slots for p-locks - if you create more than that, the machine says “lock mem full”. But you can still add additional p-locks, at least the UI doesn’t complain… but, you then cannot save the pattern, it says “save error”.

6 Likes

:thinking:I don’t think I’ve mentioned audio over USB, and I’m not sending anything over USB when this happens.

mine does the same
it looks silent until you actually start recording with no leads plugged in , and with a lead plugged in (although the other end isnt plugged into anything) , it then records static for no reason.

internal recording seems silent , seems fine when recording actual internal sounds too.

… just had some hours with my new familiy member - standalone really nice, sound and tweaking capabilities perfect!

But…

DAW integration (Cubase 9pro) makes no sense for the moment, DT crashes all the time when using one or two midi tracks. I didn’t come further than using 3 tracks for more than 30 sec. Worse - I have no clue at which point it happens, but it’s everytime the same result: DT runs its pattern but doesn’t react on anything - exept restart.

BTW - midi-setup in cubase shows in- and out-port as ‘Digitakt in1’. And Midi-Monitor shows messages only on one (active) channel, even if there were three. Trying to use Cubase’s local midi-filter to separate the channels causes a crash at once.

Hope there will be an OS 1.1 or 1.2 soon :slight_smile:

installed today 1.02 … first it was running nicely with midiclock … i did some midi recording from my keyboard and played some external synths … all great .

but then after 2h suddenly some midi notes dropped out, then a moment later all midiout was quiet and few seconds later the whole machine froze

from then on it happened every few minutes or even after a few seconds … without external clocking it’s all working nicely

i reported this to elektron again with as many details as possible - i hope they can track it down and find a real solution
i’m starting to get a bit pissed … sure i can use the machine , but without midi-sync it’s more or less playing around and testing

3 Likes

maybe not a bug… but a mistake…
i think at elektron it will be understood what I want to explain
just something to optimize…

2 Likes

sorry for my dissertation

1 Like

Hello,

I have an Octatrack and a Digitakt. The MIDI output setup on the Digitakt is the same as on the Octatrack, but I am not receiving any MIDI note output from the Digitakt MIDI sequencer. The Digitakt is sending clock and transport correctly, just no note data on any channel.

If I send MIDI data from the Octatrack, setup exactly the same as the Digitakt, all my gear receives the notes, but if I plug that same MIDI cable that I have plugged into the Octatrack’s output into the output of the Digitakt nothing works. My tracks are not muted and I have verified all MIDI settings including Output Port Func set to MIDI and Output to MIDI, and have also verified that the MIDI Tracks are sending to the correct Channels.

My Digitakt also completely froze up a moment ago, requiring me to power it on and off.

I’m running 1.02 firmware.

Anyone else had issues getting MIDI note data to send from the sequencer?

Anyone encountered this? Somehow I get into a state where i cant get to “mute mode” and double tapping FN + BANK ends up with purple keys?

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the Pattern mute mode. P. 22 in manual.

1 Like

Thanks, I thought so. Still not able to get into mute mode though

2 Likes

hello elektron.

please focus on a quick OS update. it’s really no fun to work with it.
in so many different setups the DT crashes, freezes or works incorrectly.

among other submitted bug reports here, I’d like to generally point to the midi handling of the DT.

whenever midi is involved the machine is highly unstable. with incoming midi via usb or not, sending midi on more than 3-4 channels, or even just playing 1 chord makes the machine sometimes crash. and it doesn’t matter how one changes the setup (DAW or not, midi-thru or not, usb or not) it’s just not stable enough.

I like the machine and wanna start playing with it and I hope the developers can get some sleep anyway.

1 Like

Another freeze. This time live recording MIDI via an external synth.

So, MIDI out from DT to synth. MIDI in to DT from keyboard controller. Using Track 9 and chaining two patterns together to live record the MIDI. Not sure what, if any, clock is being sent to the DT from the keyboard. Recorded some of my playing and it froze on playback.

I did a lot of live recording last night with the DT via synths in Ableton with the same MIDI keyboard controller and no freezes. As soon as I tried live recording MIDI using an external hardware synth, I got a freeze.

Hopefully these get fixed as I have pretty much no confidence playing the DT in a live setting.

Further testing has yielded no results. I did a factory reset and I have used Midi Monitor to see if I am getting any MIDI note data from the Digitakt and I am not. The only MIDI I can get the Digitakt to send is clock and transport.

I finally started trying to incorporate the DT into my live set but it gets stuck in it’s pattern when receiving midi from ableton, I wouldn’t say it freezes…more like it gets stuck in play mode. Also, it just randomly drops out and freezes in an unresponsive state. I have to turn it off and then restart it to get it going again. It works great as the stand alone centerpiece. It is not ready to be a part of a pro live set. I write songs with singing and the 64 step pattern is half of what I need…so unfortunately I have to use ableton live still. It is not ready yet. I have OS 1.02 installed…waiting for 1.03.

Every second time i try to load samples from the +drive i get this error and the machine freezes. Just updated to OS 1.02
Anyone else?

2 Likes