DSI Rev2

Exactly. That was really brilliant and I was shocked the rev2 lost it…

Stupid me, I just remembered I once coded a controller for them in M4L

Do you know an easy way to copy and paste layers? Sometimes I go through the factory patches (but on the mode where it’s not locked) and I love layer A and hate layer B and just want more polyphony.

I don’t know any other way than the manuals instructions. …
If you want more polyphony for layer A (in the same location) just switch off the “Stack A+B” and “Split A+B” button.
To save that to a new location press Write, and use the Bank and Program knobs, press Write to set it. It’ll just have layer A in full poly.

1 Like

Just a small clarification: Its not exactly switching off stack and split, its just pressing them both simultaneously. That gets you to copy/swap layer page.

Heres the manuals explanation: EDIT, HERE IS CORRECT EXCERPT, PARDON

3 Likes

Press Misc Params
Scroll to “Layer A”
hit “edit Layer B”
scroll one step CCW

@sjvl That’s for sequences.
@chapelierfou Does that copy layer B to layer A?

1 Like

No, layer A to B.
I can’t check right now, sorry.

1 Like

Pardon! I edited my post above, as i grabbed the wrong section from the manual. So here is my larger clarification on a small clarification:)…

2 Likes

Even better

1 Like

The Rev2 loads tuning files too. Im using some stretched tunings which really loosens things up but still in the same ball park as 12T ET -

https://forum.sequential.com/index.php?topic=3468.0

Also the VCM (Voice component modelling) patches are excellent as they also use the gated sequencer to mimic vintage synthesiser tuning variations per voice. highly recommend it!

Bored at work, and was just reading through the manual to pass some time. One thing I didn’t realize is that it has chord memory for assigning a chord to a key press. Hold Unison and play the chord. I usually just play chords, but I can see this being kinda fun in some instances. (like when using a single MIDI note from another device to control the Rev2)

1 Like

I didn’t know that and I’d be happy to replace them. (I’m mostly interested in 12 tone scales).
How do you import them ?
Do you know any good tool to make your own scale and import it to sysex ?
Edit : just installed Scala (that was weird btw) and hopefully I’ll figure it out !

Just send the tuning file via C6 or any other Sysex tool and the Rev2 will automatically recognise it.

2 Likes

Not sure how to allocate the slot number though. It must be somewhere in the file…when opened with a text editor?

1 Like

Great explanation of his Voice Component Modelling technique, plus 2 free template presets.

8 Likes
11 Likes

That sound is gorgeous!

That’s outstanding. I knew the Rev2 was deep, but this is incredible.

2 Likes