DSI Rev2

Hello fellow prophet owner, since we’re exchanging patch banks informations, I’ve just downloaded and tried Luke Neptune’s House, Disco & Funk Soundset for DSI Rev2 and I must say they’re pretty great.

They’re a little shy on the expressiveness, just some classic Funk vibrato, but if classic funk sounds are what you’re looking for, then you shouldn’t hesitate :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ll try @sjvl recommendation, I just bought it but didn’t have the time to try yet.

1 Like

@sjvl, the patch degrader he used to build the patches is finally getting release in march !

https://audiocookbook.org/rev2-patch-degrader/?fbclid=IwAR3Jt5yXXiil-FeBnuyKnegKo3Y5Tlb3-lkNsXF3dcFl8vWTGvNa66zWpZU

4 Likes

Nice one. Great approach to randomisation and getting some twisted sounds out of the Rev2.

This is completely insane. I need a lie down after watching the video on the degrader.

For the moment for Mac, maybe in the future for Windows, just have to wait :sob:

Yeah @hommes_doutant this could be really fun! $40 is worth it I say:).

Sam

1 Like

I enjoyed this vid he made awhile ago demonstrating the degrader. Changing up to 121 parameters at a time whoa…anyways, I preordered:)

3 Likes

I tried so hard to love this synth! :frowning:
I really wanted an analog poly… But somehow… get get away from that sheen in the sound…or however it can be called.
What are your experiences guys and what other analog polys ‘‘better’’ options can you recommend?
Thanks!

2 Likes

I think you are probably referring to the sound of the Curtis filter, which most people either love or hate. Try and listen to Prophet 6 and OB-6 demos. The filters sound quite different from the Rev2 Curtis filter. Hope this helps.

3 Likes

Hi All! :slight_smile:

I’ve just released 110 Custom Patches for REV2 - for fans of Boards of Canada, Tycho, Tame Impala etc.

Designed using one layer only - so you can combine them or use separately in multi timbral mode.

34 Likes

Really nice patches.

1 Like

This thread pops up just as I’m realizing how much I miss my Rev2.

I feel some kind of gear shift coming on. :smiley:

Those patches sound fantastic

1 Like

GREAT! now I’m shopping for Rev2’s! :rage:

seriously though great job with these patches :+1:

4 Likes

Wow! Amazing patches, I thought I didn’t like Rev2 sound… You made me change my mind!

Now I wish I had a REV2!

2 Likes

I think the Rev2 sounds incredible.

A lot of people don’t like various Sequential synths, and it may be due to the presets. I’ve mentioned this before, but many of their presets are designed to be bold, in your face, complex and animated. Nothing I personally would want to make music with. No subtlety, no nuance.

People that have taken time to carefully construct patches with “sane” gain settings, for example, make these synths sing beautifully.

Sure they can scream if that’s what you want, but I think that’s the only side many people see with say Rev2 and P-6 demos, presets, etc.

It took me a little while to design the types of sounds I wanted on the Rev2 even with decades of synth experience.

10 Likes

First impression most have with the Rev2 is “Does this filter even work?”
But once they work it out it’s actually very versatile given how forgiving it is to being modulated and wild mood swings.

3 Likes

Wonderful patches–I just may purchase. Rev2 is the only hardware synth I own :slight_smile: I’d like to reverse engineer some of these.

How hard is it to load these onto my prophet? Does it matter that mine’s only the 8-voice version?

1 Like

So many people hate the DSI Curtis filter sound… I hear such a warm, comforting, familiar sound.

3 Likes

Love the patches and LOVE the video, sooooo good, psychedelic actually.

1 Like