Drum n' Bass Battle #1 (Get Animated) [Submissions CLOSED!]

Just arrived, and I’m letting her come up to temp from the freezing cold.

LETS GO!

4 Likes

I am digging the end result so much that I’ll prolly just drop a shorter edit for the battle and save the full version for a release later next year (along with replacing the sampled content with my own versions).

1 Like

Downloaded this pack a few days ago, and realized I already have it loaded in my Mc101, in which I created a few jungle patterns 2 years ago.
So I sampled them in OT, and started to mess with it.
First time really using OT for a full track, nice way to learn and practice :slight_smile:
It needs some adjustments, and I won’t have time to make it perfect as I would like but anyway, will submit soon.

2 Likes

Me too - twins!

Beware the sample browser is a heap of shite and the synths in standalone mode are dumbed down a lot. Still, it’s a great bit of kit! Did you apply for the cashback offer from NI?

1 Like

I miss my OT. It was always hungry for more jungle breaks!

1 Like

Looking forward to it. You gonna release a sample pack? I collect breaks.

Edit. I didn’t read your post right. Haha. What pack did you get twice? It must be good.

Twinsies! Almost. I got the mk 3 just for those reasons. I’m like the hybrid setup, so I can browse the samples on my Mac with XO or Atlas or Synonym.

And also have full synth functionality.

If I need standalone, I can whip out the 404.

But I was going to jump right in to make a track, but I underestimated the learning curve. And the QuickStart guides that NI put on their website are from 2017, and the browsers all different than what they walk you through. I had to give up because it was so frustrating.

I’m going to do some research with some YouTubers to try to get my head around the workflow.

1 Like

This pack @TRAINTRACS shared: https://rekkerd.org/junglejungle-1989-1999-samplepack-by-blu-mar-tensounds-of-early-drum-bass/

2 Likes

Nicely done. I’m thinking about hooking up an ipad mini or something just as a standalone synth to augment the lack of good synth options in the plus. Gonna add a battery pack too so I can use it on the bus lol.

1 Like

Get some Drambo action.

I gotta say, the 404 was hard because of how specific the workload.

Machine is hard for the opposite reason. It’s such a broad tool. It seems like it can do anything you need it to, you just need to get into the design flow.

1 Like

Drambo is brilliant.

I like that Maschine is broad, because I basically want to use it as a sketchpad before bringing ideas into my DAW. But yeah, definitely a steeper learning curve as a result. I’m pretty unfased by it since I owned an Octatrack :rofl:

1 Like

Excellent breakpack. Thank you coco bryce.

Break Beats | Myor (bandcamp.com)

1 Like

I finally created something I was happy with, and was about to record it before submit.
But OT decided to fuck everything up and delete most of tracks settings, scenes. Everything on this project is ruined.
So after trying to do my best, it seems that I can not be part of this contest. I won’t have time and energy to rebuild everything again. Sorry.

1 Like

Bummer sorry to hear that fella, sucks when you’re best efforts are stymied by the gremlins…:pensive:

1 Like

I couldn’t get it together. Looking forward to hearing what everyone made

3 Likes

Might send it in tomorrow.

If nothing crashes.

1 Like

Just sent my entry and super happy with it as this isn’t my normal style. This thread motivated me to step out of my comfort zone and put something together to get out there (something I need to do more of next year). I used Ableton, Massive and the samples I chose.

Was down to the wire too with half my family coming down with Covid early in the month and some holiday travel after they were better.

3 Likes

My submission should be in :+1: used M8 as the sequencer and modular for the sounds.

2 Likes

I hope you do!

I’m sorry you had some trouble.

Its soooo good!

3 Likes

I failed to execute…it was what I expected of myself. New Year’s resolution on the horizon…

2 Likes