Drum n' Bass Battle #1 (Get Animated) [Submissions CLOSED!]

I do enjoy a good gully riddim :grin:

1 Like

Submitted my track, never made d’n’b but it’s all anyone makes here in Bristol so it was nice to get involved. Was nice to revisit an animated show from my childhood as well.

Looking forward to hearing the submissions.

3 Likes

Some inspiration (journey not the destination etc)

1 Like

I love all the love DnB is getting! This track is such a vibe.

2 Likes

Well. I’m not getting the Maschine mk 3 until Tuesday.

So I am going to start today. I have a pretty good idea what I want to do, and it’s going to take some time. I want to take this out of the box a bit. Dust off the TR8S. (Spoiler alert, remember that fact). I’ll use the sp404 to pull my samples.

2 Likes

I’m gonna toss my hat in the ring also. Started a track. May keep it, may start over. I’ve got one more week off before going back to work and school.

1 Like

Welcome!

I’m waiting for the deadline so that I can simultaneously upload it to my channel as well but everything’s going well. I made a sketch that was thinking to be my submission but decided to start anew the last days. really glad with the samples I got for the project, I’ll tell where form afterwards so not to reveal myself haha

1 Like

I think BLKrbbt probably wants all the tracks to have “unknown” artist until voting is done. I’m with you though, hard for me not to want to share my progress a bit :sweat_smile: I am really happy with my track so far although it probably falls closer to jungle than dnb.

2 Likes

This would be ideal. I was figuring about a week to vote. Plus the intrigue will help keep it fun.

who’s gonna listen to all those tracks for real? not me for sure :smiley:

I love it all. I’m not too worried about sub genres.

And I can’t wait to listen to each and everyone’s tracks. I can recognized all the hard work, and I feel like I know everyone a bit more through their music.

Plus, the private messages show how much passion everyone has for making music.

And the range of source material is wild. I’m learning so much about what’s out there.

The plan is to drop the playlist on SoundCloud, and have generic thumbnails. Then once everyone votes, and if they want to guess where the samples are from, then I’ll post the results with thumbnails from the source material. I’ve been pulling images and saving them in the folders with everyone’s submissions.

5 Likes

Ok I think imma drop out. I want to upload some jam on top of the chains I made for this challenge. I’ll upload it here, I have no problems with it not being vote for. Good luck to all contestants and I probably would take a listen

Finally had time to get some beats rollin! Feels good to do some faster stuff after some slow burn dub and hip-hop.

3 Likes

Actually attempted to get something down last night. Nothing wowed me but at least I started. Gonna have another go today/tonight.

1 Like

that’s my presentation.
there’s a soundcloud link in the description as well.
Vampire Hunter D was maybe the first anime I remember watching. I was 5 and I don’t think I understood much from the dialogue but was impressed by it and it scarred me for life.
Really enjoyed recording this jam. The DFAM and Soma Ether are going left and right in the M8 without splitting the stereo jack into 2 monos. I’m using a track on the M8 as a semi randomly VCA and FX Send from the audio inputs. The DFAM runs unsynced.
I really liked preparing this thematic piece and would be interested in the next DnB challenges as well. Happy Holidays!

2 Likes

You didn’t read the instructions, did you? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

no, you didn’t read my last post :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Ah, ok :+1:

Well, for better or worse, I think I’m done with my track.

It took a left turn on me.

1 Like