Drum Mixer Concept [Not For Crowdfunding/Selling]

Hey everyone! I’m thrilled to share that after months of hard work, the design and testing phase of the DM47 audio mixer is finally complete!
The DM47 is an unconventional 8 channel audio mixer. It redefines traditional boundaries by fostering interplay among its channels, a distinctive characteristic emerges as all channels seamlessly interweave, creating an interconnected sonic tapestry. The mixer is specifically crafted for drums and boasts some incredible features:
• Channel oscilloscope with frequency measurement for precise monitoring.
• Audio triggered randomization to infuse a touch of subtle randomness and enhances the organic and natural feel of your sound.
• Tuned AM.
• Distortion with variable and asymmetric clipping for versatile sound shaping.
• Multimode VCF.
• Noise gate.
• Feedback.
• Click-less and momentary muting for seamless operation.
• Envelope follower modulation for VCA and VCF, with the ability to independently select source channels. Great for pumping and ducking effects.
• Lo Shelf and Hi Shelf EQ.
• Parametric EQ.
• 2 auxiliary buses with click-less and momentary toggle muting.
• Cue bus.
• 2 stereo inputs.
• Delay with tap tempo.
• Master Stereo overdrive.
• Master Stereo EQ.
Now, I’m planning to produce a limited batch of 10 mixers (cost around 1400 Euro) , but I need your input! What do you think of this concept? Is it something you’d be interested in buying?

15 Likes

Try something simpler and more realistic. 1400 EUR per 8 channel is 175 EUR per channel. With 59 functions per channel.

4 Likes

I agree with cema, this sounds amazing, but no way you can do this for 1400. You’re looking at 1400 in parts for just the potmeters alone, if you want them to be nice mixer quality.

6 Likes

I have managed to bring the price down to 1400 after lots of sourcing, the boards have already been assembled and tested just waiting for the enclosure to finish the assembly

6 Likes

I really like the idea, but would need to see it working before even considering funding. And I am definitely not funding through gofund me.

At this price I’m surprised you are able to offer for 1400 euro. Are you not charging for your own labor?

2 Likes

Great, so it is already prototyped? Demo?

Plus the targeted 10.000 in donations each unit would in fact cost 2400 or am I getting something wrong? :thinking:

Orest to be able to bring the price down large quantities of each component has to be purchased much more that 10 mixers.

1 Like

I’ll post a demo once the enclosure is assembled

5 Likes

Glad you liked it, no problem about funding , labor is included in the price, i wont do the assembly myself and labor is kind of cheap in my country due to the currency

2 Likes

This smells like a scam. The price per unit is way too low. And another alarm, why a GoFundMe ? Why not kickstarter ? You want people to gift you money because why ? What’s in it for anyone but you ?

1 Like

I’m a bit confused, why would you hire a team to assemble 10 units? It’s so small scale.

Have you made mixers before or experience in engineering?

Not sure if scam, but definitely unconventional…

Can you show us any proof you have a working prototype?

it’s not scam, i have removed the fundraising link. no need for it.

i wont hire anyone, i already have technicians working in my family business , i will assemble the first unit and simply let them assemble the rest.

At that price it’s the only price they could offer.

1 Like

I’m sorry, but it’s all too vague for me. I like the idea, but the way you plan to have these assembled is very unconventional. Even if you have technicians in a family business, it would still be strange to just say to them: hey work on my side project.

I’m out.

What is vague about it, they are employed technicians and they will get paid for doing the job, i plan it like this to speed up the process. doing it myself will take longer. Anyway i just want to see how people like the concept regardless of manufacturing and price.

2 Likes

Would like to see photos of the assembled boards :wink:

10 Likes