Drum Machine that breaks up the sound

I have one somewhere but not used it much yet. Its a good idea. Is the lofi effect a bit cheesy( its been done to death sound) or does it add further possibilities of disintegration do you know? I will try it though thanks.

1 Like

Depends how you use it. It can be employed subtly, or p-locked to certain steps, for example :slight_smile:

1 Like

That fourth track is pretty much on the money. Love the kick it really cuts through.

1 Like

Yey, so OT is the answer then (at least for now and for saving money). It really can transform any sample into something unrecognisable. That track’s drums were created on a DN then sampled as a whole, then taken to the butchers with OT. Enjoy!

3 Likes

Soma Pulsar 23 is pure filth.

3 Likes

#noob
Do you even lift bro? :laughing:

Nice tracks!

1 Like

Oh man. Huge sounds. I could spend weeks on that machine.

Bs2 in afx mode, its more happy or unhappy accidents, i think ( dont have it here now) no per step control while seq or arp is runnig.
A4 with kimura fm pack (or darenager pack to start traditionnaly and alter from there) for interesting percussion and per step live control
Edit : have to add korg er-1 quickly before the machine sees this and gets angry.

this HR16 mod certainly breaks up sound

The Lo-Fi effect on the SP-16 can do a lot of what the MD video by @darenager does… routing the LFO to bit rate while P-locking depth for each step leads to ALL KINDS of mayhem. Lots of sweet spots that add character to the source sample, and you can mix in as much of the effect as you want (not an all-or-nothing deal). You can use it quite subtly… I often have drone/noise loops that I’ve made sampled with various analog distortions, and having a layer of Lo-Fi over the top picks out all kinds of wierd harmonics and details that make it much more interesting. I don’t know if I’ve seen any video showcasing this, maybe I’ll have to make one at some point.

This is amazing work man.

1 Like

excess is obsolete now that the mpc has freeze/flatten per pad :slight_smile:

1 Like

True enough, the current MPCs do excel at letting you move your sounds around in any number of ways once they’re in there, which is where having plenty of RAM to play with really starts to shine - easy to make a set of variants and just chuck the ones that don’t work out, or record a session to an audio track and pull out the best parts.

1 Like