Drew's 52 Week Octajam Series

randomly sliced sample + laser lights = fun insanity

4 Likes

me playing drums and operating the octatrack/analog heat
some secret one hand drumming as well!

8 Likes

it\s a delight to see people making not-electronic-music on the OT!

1 Like

so good! i would enjoy seeing and hearing you playing live somewhere.

keep it on!

1 Like

A re-working of last week’s track! There is a sub-bass that shows up, let me know if you heard it on your system

3 Likes

what’s going on here? cheating on the calendar?

regarding the bass, I heard something on my 7" monitors but barely, I knew there’s a sub bass but it’s too low for my speakers…

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback. This is an interesting mixing challenge - how to sonically expand a sub bass so something will show up on systems without a subwoofer. I guess a lot of dubstep/trap does this so I’ll have to check out some of those techniques.

…or just CRANK the low end :slight_smile:

regarding the calendar…all I gotta say is:

Screen Shot 2024-03-16 at 7.17.26 PM

3 Likes

The sub bass was perfectly present on my Sonos system, I have their basic sub. Nice, crisp separation of the top end too, it was sitting well in the satellites.
Lovely stuff!

1 Like

It could be heard on the monitors too. Not as present, but certainly there. They’re 5” Adam’s. Could also hear it in my flat mixing headphones. It’s defo there.

1 Like

thanks for your note! i’ll definitely want to crank it if I release or do something else with that piece
:v:

:deer::deer::deer:

4 Likes

New to this thread! Pretty cool music/moves/vibes over here @OrangeDrink

4 Likes

appreciate you so much! i’m trying to

• make new friends
  • learn the octatrack/analog heat+fx
  • make some wild art projects
  • get better at live performance with electronic devices

thanks for joining! :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

This would be awesome in the film score of one of those like 70’s horror films, it has that aging celluloid film quality to the sound mangling too.

1 Like

YOU :clap: KNOW :clap: WHO :clap: IT :clap: IS :clap:

This track features @SonWu drums via the
SON WU DOJO DRUMS Vol. 1 Sample Pack!

Get it here: https://ko-fi.com/s/5abd52420c

6 Likes

Fantastic!

3 Likes

So nice, love the relaxed raps!

Thanks for all the support!!!

1 Like

you go boy.

2 Likes

@Kegeratorz Thank you!
@SonWu thank YOU for being so awesome and inspiring and making a great soundpack!
@shigginpit you are like my #1 supporter, if you want a free t-shirt u just let me know :cowboy_hat_face:

4 Likes

there is not enough coffee on the planet to keep me motivated so it’s nice to see your continued perseverance. just keep working on it and by improving yourself, even if nothing else, it’s sure to give you the satisfaction of seeing it through.

don’t worry too much, support is free to give. thanks for the thought!

4 Likes