Dreadbox NYX - Analog Paraphonic Semi Modular Synthesizer

http://www.dreadbox-fx.com/nyx/

Dreadbox are on fire at the moment. The Erebus was really nice and this takes it to another level.

from the website:
-Unique Reverb Effect by Crazy Tube Circuits (as found on Splash Mk3)
-2 x VCO with separate glide controls
-Dual State Variable 24 or 12dB / oct Filter
-Triangle wave LFO
-Triple Unique Envelope Generator (can be used as an LFO)
-Unique Routing control (allows open architecture)
-15 patches for an astonishing Modular experience: CV Outputs: VCO2 direct wave out with attenuation control,
Envelope 1 , Envelope 2 (with attenuation), Modulation Wheel, Gate, Midi to CV
CV Inputs: Osc1 Frequency, Osc2 Frequency, VCF Cut off (for both filters),VCF Cut off (post for the 2nd filter), VCO1 PW, Gate, CV, VCA

What a great time to be into Synths, dare I say this paired with another semi modular like my 0-Coast is a no brainer.

3 Likes

http://www.dreadbox-fx.com/nyx/

Uh oh

Analog paraphonic

I’ve had my eye on this, but I’m waiting for the Abyss.

2 Likes

fucking autoplay music/audio on anything is instant click away fast as possible for me.

2 Likes

I hear that, @Prints! Ty Unwin mentioned it the last Sonic Talk and it’s already got my wallet worried.

3 Likes

Sounds are quite interesting and extend my sonic territory … it’s already on my shopping list, but where to buy? Any ideas?

There’s a preorder discount: http://synthesizer.gr/dreadbox-nyx

2 Likes

Merge with this mods?

1 Like

Yes please for some reason I did a search yesterday and didn’t come up with that thread

I want one of these SO BAD!
Definitely need to pair one up with the Erebus.

3 Likes

mine has shipped from Greece yesterday :slight_smile:

2 Likes

1 Like

pretty cool

Looks good. Really fancy one for drones and other texture.

1 Like

Open box for sale at Musicians Friend for 597$

1 Like

very cool.

at about 17:20 in the review vid, it sounds like a fully analog 303 on steroids with extra girth. Very funky. Techno funky.

Just picked one of these up today. Wow…so musical and fun. I would say its half way between a Mother 32 and a 0-Coast. You get quirky modulated patchability with an oh-so-sweet sound. The VCO’s are really good.

Here’s a little thing I made tonight playing it paraphonically in one take. Half way through I swap the VCO routing to be direct to the VCA (no filters), just the on-board reverb. A touch of ping pong delay which stereo-izes the track and everything enhanced through Analog Heat.

8 Likes

Cheers. Get one if you can :+1: I love it so far. Wish I could save patches on it but I guess that’s half the fun. They have a blank patch sheets so must print a few for any keepers I make :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ve just picked one of these up today, been looking for a semi-modular buddy for the A4. Loaned a 0-Coast from the same store beforehand and while nice, I think I’ll get that later on to go with this, the slope section could be all sorts of fun plugged into the Nyx.

It just sounds so big!

4 Likes

Aaaand, it’s going back, the Mod Root selector knob started spinning free, getting worse with each use. On further inspection they’ve used a splined plastic shaft with a metal key type cap, for a 4 position selector switch this was only ever going be bad. Cheap and disappointing.