Dreadbox Medusa

Sales Tax. We tend to include it in the advertised price. Unlike USA where I pick something up and the price I pay isn’t the one stickered, so annoying. Just tell me how much it is already. Lol

1 Like

What have drummers got to do with playing a melodic synth with your dominant rather than your weaker hand?

And fwiw i am a drummer, played for over 25 years. I’m still right handed though and my launchpad still sits to the right of my rig as it’s much easier to use my right hand.

2 Likes

Okay, then let me rephrase myself… I don’t know any self-respecting keyboard players who can’t play proficiently with both hands either. Regardless, the playing surface is but a few inches to one side - nothing a half step to the left can’t remedy - and as I understand it, the point is to use the MPE style, multi-dimensional-touch aspect of the pads to play expressively, as apposed to turning knobs with one hand while playing melodically with the other, as would otherwise be typical. And I was simply noting that it is hardly an unusual design choice: i.e. lot’s of other groovebox designers have chosen similar configurations for what I’m sure are very good reasons. I like it.

Cheers!

Or… Maybe the folks at Polyend are all lefties, and this is how they plan to exact revenge on right-handed people for thousands of years of discrimination (smirk).

Cheers!

4 Likes

Maybe once someone is familiar with layout , menu text etc you could rotate it 180
Or buy it see how it feels , it might surprise you.
Or don’t buy it and move on.

sounds plausible… oh Lord, what a wicked world we live in!!! :jack_o_lantern:

I’m right handed, but I think I prefer all those knobs and sliders on the right side.

2 Likes

the Rytm is OK that way, cause the pads are somewhat unplayable lol :stuck_out_tongue:
With the MPC Live I feel it’s a similar story as with the Medusa, I would have preferred the pads to the right side of the screen BUT I guess the logic behind the MPC Live is anyway that you will spend more time working the screen than the pads in the bigger scheme of things (production tool first).

either way, I’m not above letting the lefties have some fun too.

1 Like

I play guitar a lot more than keyboard, and I’m a right-handed guitarist, so on the guitar I generally use the left hand to control pitch and vibrato and the right hand to control envelopes, filter, gate, etc.

Perhaps the Polyend guys are guitarists :wink: Right-handed guitarists, that is.

1 Like

This is what I think as well. I’m a guitarist as well and I guess it’s set up like that. Which is fine. In the end it’s all muscle memory training anyway so practice makes perfect :slight_smile:

My guitar teacher once told me „the right hand is the General“ …so maybe it‘s just right then, that the General is in charge of all the knobs and buttons… :slight_smile:

ive barely held a guitar, and due to the sound it makes and how people seem to pose / strut / stand when they use one , I’ll never be using on in my lifetime.

and i dont have long hair and very very very rarely like music that has guitar as main focus.
although i have listened to the Idles album lately , … more than once , and on purpose!!.

1 Like

I don’t have long hair either. Most of my favorite guitarists have short hair, actually, now that you mention it.

I love a good stereotype; especially when it’s so well-informed (smirk).

Cheers!

3 Likes

if it helps i’m an overweight , over 40s balding guy playing with synths.
any got a medusa yet ?

3 Likes

Me too! They make so many cool devices and sound amazing. I am waiting on the Medusa v3 joint effort between Polyend and Dreadbox as well as Erebus v3 to come out. It should be quite a watershed year by end for new gears!

i hopefully get my repaired nyx back in a few weeks , it sounded nice , and quite straightforward to setup the 2 filters, Osc’s and envelopes and stuff.
i’m also slowly making a diy erebus.

1 Like

Haha, I don’t think this guitar player ever strutted in his life, and was notorious for almost never standing while playing gigs. Too much of a proper gentleman I guess - always dressed with a necktie and properly cut hair.

:bell:

8 Likes

Precisely my point. Though my sarcasm may have been lost on some (wink).

“A man hears what he wants to hear and disregards the rest.” - Paul Simon

Cheers!

1 Like