Dreadbox Artemis

I really like the look of the interface on this, having all those faders up front is very appealing to me.

1 Like

Wow this is is CS80 territory. And that filter. This is their best yet. Looks incredible.

2 Likes

I wonder if the LFO routing happens in the menu. Loved the Nymphes but got rid of it because of the UI. At least this one has no shift button and a display. And i t looks great.

Must be

listed as 1169$ and 1299€ on thomann

not really hype by the demo sound personally; but i like the form factor spec and UI; seems awesome for live conditions.

1 Like

Is this more appealing than the Murmux due to the enhanced sliders? Seems to have the same Dreadbox sizzle.

Still waiting for demos with a different flavour. Sounds impressive, but I’d rather be touched than impressed. Looking for more polyphonic sounds.
Also, a question for dreadbox users, do you know if the filter cutoff is smoothed when automated (in a steeped way) ? I doubt it, but some (Novation) synths do and I can’t stand it.

2 Likes

It looks real nice.

1 Like

I think the LFO routing is done with the sliders on the far left, in conjunction with the 1/2 button - assigning how much of each LFO 1 and 2 is modulating the VCO, VCF, WAVE and PW. I think

There’s no manual on the Dreadbox site and it’s not even listed on there under products yet

2 Likes

Some info from Gearspace :

“The HPF on the front panel controls the digital state-variable high-pass filter (it’s a 4x oversampled one)”
and
" Unlike one CPU on Typhon, Artemis actually has two CPUs. One is used for just the effects and the other one for everything else (presets, MIDI, envelopes, LFOs etc.). The CPU used for the effects is Cortex M7 - same one as on the Typhon but now fully dedicated to the effects. So we’re able to offer 6 algorithms at once :slight_smile: High pass filter, bit crusher, distortion, modulation, delay, reverb. And there will be way more variety, about double that of Typhon. E.g. we will have BBD delay, chorus and flanger for example."

8 Likes

Does anyone have a photo that shows its size in comparison to something we know (like an Elektron or a Nymphes)?

I‘m not in the market for a bread and butter poly but it looks like a good option for those who want a compact poly with good sound and effects in a compact format. It looks like a plus version of a Roland boutique, I wish they were this size. I love that it’s fader heavy. If only it had two ADSR.

1 Like

It does have 2 ADSRs, it just doesn’t have separate faders for their controls, it’s switchable with the VCA button next to the faders.

1 Like

By my calculations, Artemis is about 8 feet wide.

Banana for scale.

29 Likes

from thomann: Dimensions: 375 x 185 x 55 mm

That’s the essence of my entire synth quest. I’m going to print it on a poster.

4 Likes

Yeah I know, I just hate that :wink:. Makes things so confusing.

@vdav: I find it hard to imagine values like these and find it easier if you have a photo where it’s placed in context.

It’s me or it lack some pot/fader ?
Better than the nymphe sure, but the interface is quite minimalistic.

Octatrack MK2 almost the same size: 340 × 185 × 63

7 Likes

Yeah that must be right. I missed these 2.

4 Likes