Dreadbox Artemis

$1399 preorder

https://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/Artemis--dreadbox-artemis-6-voice-desktop-polyphonic-analog-synthesizer

It looks awesome and fun! I’m excited to hear it!
I’m a huge fan of Dreadbox, I love their sound, and I hate to admit that I’m in the camp of folks who got spooked by the UI on the Nymphes despite living the sounds I heard from it. I struggled with half the interface on the Typhon too but love that one.
Looking forward to seeing some demos!
Congratulations to the team, it looks fun and promising!

6 Likes

I’m actually stoked for this if they fixed the envelopes of the Nymphes.

3 Likes

Must check the flights again. It looks amazing, and if the party is free, then ā€œHere i comeā€

1 Like

Most of that spec text on the sweetwater page could be copied/pasted onto the ā€˜what Mehs you out’ thread.

ā€œyou hone the dimensional presence of your sonics for evocative aural aestheticsā€œ

A spec list is fine thanks.

7 Likes

Haha %100. DN2 sweetwater writeup goes to another level…… :nauseated_face: :rofl:

1 Like

About the FXs :

Artemis is endowed with an Olympian arsenal of effects, courtesy of Dreadbox’s reuniting with the Titan of textures, Sinevibes. From a sonic mirage to a minotaur’s roar, Sinevibes crafted four styles of ultra-emphatic and flexible effects for Artemis: a dual-mode suite of distortion and bitcrushing; an array of delays; numerous shades of reverb; and a menagerie of modulation effects, including chorus, ensemble, and more. Intergalactic spatialization? Check. Searing crunch that could make Hades blush? Check. The only thing that could improve these effects would be if they were full stereo or if the four styles could operate simultaneously. Check and check — Artemis does both!

3 Likes

It has a Sequencer built in yay!

2 Likes

Simultaneously happy for them releasing a new synth, looks amazing…

Whilst also wishing they would implement sending CCs from the Typhons front-panel controls (been promised ā€˜it’s coming’ for a very long time now).

I love the sound of my Typhon, the Sinevibes collab is great, top synth. However I do think having the controls sending CCs is a basic feature that should have been there from the very start.

Yes, it’s partially my own fault - I should have checked this before buying. I assumed a MIDI-out equipped synth would have this feature as standard, as most do.

But I’m a little reluctant to buy another Dreadbox synth because of it. They do sound great though!

If they name a synth after my last name, do I get one?

13 Likes

I think you’ve earned the right to start demanding free synths off these bastards by now…

8 Likes

What a beautiful name! I love Artemis!

4 Likes

Kind of has a poly-Typhon look. I like it! I’d swap the knobs like I did on the Typhon of course… :smiley:

14 Likes

Artemis is a great name for a synth. She’s also one of my favorite recurring characters from It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia.

NSFW Always Sunny Clips

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a755LnHvKlU

6 Likes

One thing I love about dread box is how many mappable CCs their synths have. Nymphes has something like 89. I mapped about 20 of them to my Cirklon and it’s crazy how much stuff I can automate at once while wiggling the front panel.

Really can get some incredible basses and dub chords, deep pads . Etc.

4 Likes

First demo I’ve heard/seen
I have a feeling it’s capable of much more impressive sounds than this, for $1400 I’d definitely expect a lot more than some thin, fizzy pads and a overdriven mono-bass

11 Likes

Prices are what they think people will pay rather than what it should be.

3 Likes

Looks more like a Typhon x 6 … great…
Now a manual would be great

Yeah I hadn’t looked closely at the front panel until now, but the single knob waveform and osc mix control is straight from the Typhon, as is the single set of ADSR sliders for both amp env and filter

I wonder why the video is delisted and the description says

This is a trusted video , only for dealers

Anyway, looks like I’ll retract my previous statement… :frowning: