Drambo (iOS)

beepstreet website has a drambo forum that just opened today! you can go there for feature request and everything, also there is a patch storage up!
ok so you made aum the clock and it starts ms and drambo!??

2 Likes

i think it is always best, when an app just syncs to midi, so i can slave it to elektron device. if ipad or app crashes/ gets out of sync, the elektron device just keeps running. so i dont like to clock from ipad in general

i did look into aum midi slave but gave up.
if you do solve it, post it somewhere on here / post a link .

i like to keep things simple , so mostly record 4/8/16 bars of stuff from aum then octatrack mangle it.

yes :slightly_smiling_face: m:c and drambo

thanks, will check the drambo forum…

There’s an app - MIDI Link Synch - which will slave a Link signal to an external MIDI clock. That way you can then slave AUM through Link and voila.

2 Likes

I bought this knowing very little about it outside of the forums excitement and the 30% release sale. Going through the factory projects now. This thing sounds incredible!

I can’t wait to dive into this

4 Likes

I’m not finding the forum on their site. Not sure why. Mind linking to it?

http://forum.beepstreet.com/discussions

here ya go

1 Like

dope!

Thank you!

Yup, AUM won’t slave to MIDI Clock, but Audiobus 3 and apeMatrix will.

1 Like

I like how the tutorials are less about navigating the interface and more about how to think about sound with this app. Very inspirational and very classy

I’m all over this app at the moment. Can’t get my head around some of the utility modules like bend and scale. Do they affect the beat division of a track pattern? Is there an easy way to do that?
Also is there a way to play with the speed independent of pitch in the flexi sampler

I use it on an iPad mini as welll, i have no big hands but its still tricky. I am gonna try a touchpen with it when i find one (just a cheap one they use on smartphone, not the Apple pencil)

1 Like

I have Audiobus 2, I could upgrade to v3 or take a look at ApeMatrix. Some reviews say Apematrix is an AUM killer. For me if it can slave to Drambo or Model:Samples when AUM can’t then it is!
Which do you prefer? AB3 or Apematrix?

apeMatrix, but it’s not as easy as Audiobus 3. aM is more ‘modular-like’ in it’s routing of MIDI and audio, which is why it’s a bit more difficult to set up compared to AB3. aM has a feature where every parameter in its hosted AUv3 synths and effects get their own LFO. Plus you can record the audio output of each of the 3 matrices, but they’re not tempo-synced like in AUM. Overall I use AUM the most. People have asked the dev repeatedly to add MIDI Clock Slave, and he says that he’ll look into it each time. Maybe it’ll come this year? :smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been trying to figure this out as well. I don’t think you can have different lanes of the sequencer move at deferent speeds, which seems like a crazy oversight for such an otherwise deep app. But maybe I just can’t figure it out or it’s planned.

I posted about it in their new forum as well btw: http://forum.beepstreet.com/discussion/26/can-each-track-of-sequencer-have-its-own-time-division-multiplication#latest

yep, good idea, will also try to get one… there are passive pencils with a transparent disc on the tip for under 10 bucks, and there are active ones with a quiet sharp tip, for 20-30 bucks.

has anyone experience with them? especially the ones with that transparent disc, is the whole disc active or is it just the center of the disc (regarding presicion) no battery seems also better…

1 Like

Been messing around for hours with Drambo, love it! One thing I can’t figure out: what do you have to do to let an lfo modulate anything? For example: how do you modulate the filter cutoff?

1 Like

This video has sold me on Audiobus 3

Doesn’t cover whether an app with an internal sequencer like Drambo can be started with the clock signal from an external groovebox like Digitakt or M:S though…