Drambo (iOS)

I just checked on my phone and it recorded the mic just fine.

Yeah, I built a 4 track guitar looper (as a Drambo device) with Drambo and my UC4 last year. Need to resurrect it for V2 and see if I can improve it.

2 Likes

Any advice on how to mimic the Chase Bliss boxes (eg Habit) in Drambo? Would be great to kill GAS…

A Habit clone would need a long buffer that you can grab any part of, plus a delay with a pitch effect on the repeats.

1 Like

I’ve asked Giku for some new modules/tweaks & additions to existing modules that’ll help for nearer Chase Blissness. Hopefully he’ll get desk space for it soon🤞

This Shards thing I made’s kind of vaguely ballpark in terms of happy accidents/short looper/buffers/pitch & direction/delays weirdness etc. But it’s confusing to use without some better instructions & nowhere near as focused/organic workflow as Mood & Habit etc. Still pretty fun tho. Shout if you struggle making sense of it. I’ve got a v2 I need to finish! Some more features and bit less confusing….Maybe this wknd.

3 Likes

Here’s a fisher price music box in to that Shards patch in phone…it’s definitely not Habit. But can get some Mood type stuff out of it…
https://www.instagram.com/p/CPJmgIXh_nO/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

4 Likes

nice sounds I like that a lot, got the patch?

1 Like

:pray: linked above :v:

1 Like

You just need to hit the circle/record afterwards to display the WAV. It won’t display anything until you disengage record (I believe it is always recording until you tell it to stop).

It took a while, but my latest Drambo tutorial is here. It’s a 45 minute epic on the new Step Sequencer Values Editor, including loads of tips and tricks! Please like and subscribe if you haven’t already, to inch me over 200 followers!

Let’s talk about the Step Sequencer Values Editor in Drambo 2.0! Velocity, gate, offset, probability, retrig, cycle, components… the gang’s all here! Who re-recorded voiceover for the intro because he originally said ‘sequence’ rather than sequencer? This guy! That’s attention to detail!

Your man of the people tackles the SSVE with the blind optimism that he can get it all done in 15 minutes, but 45 minutes later he’s still going. Now he needs a sit down - metaphorically, obviously, because he was seated throughout.

In this video, you WILL learn about all the different sections of the SSVE. You WILL hear loads of workflow tips and how to ensure you never play the same sequence twice. You WILL continue to wonder if good music can ever be made during a tutorial. You WILL hear about a current bug. And we’ll end with a roundup of a few of the useful types of step components in the ‘Comp’ tab.

If you’re into this kind of thing, please like and subscribe! And don’t forget to comment below to let me know what you’d like me to cover in future tutorials.

6 Likes

A few times I’ve used the slider module to break out key controls - easy to see where it currently is, easy to adjust and a nice amount of travel.

1 Like

Haha, your videos are thoroughly entertaining Michael, great stuff :laughing:

1 Like

Much appreciated, man. Thanks very much!

Hope everyone is having a great Monday. I was able to have a few moments alone on this holiday and here’s a little 8 minute piece for your ears and spirit:

2 Likes

Hi
I received my Dreadbox typhon.
I want to rec Typhon into drambo but it doesnt work.
In the flexi sampler i put has source USB 1+ 2.
I received midi notes but no audio is coming.
I can ear the Typhon in AUM but not in Drambo 🫤
What im missing?

On the ‘Rec’ tab, you can tap on the word ‘Monitor’ to turn input monitoring on/off.

Side note: I dislike those few places in Drambo where a function doesn’t have an obvious control. This is one of them. Unless you know to tap it, it just looks like text.

1 Like

Hi. Yes i know. I did it but i havent any audio signal.

Have you tried adding an Audio Input module (from the Misc/Utility section) before the Flexi and selecting External Input? This SHOULDN’T be required if the audio routing to the track has been set up correctly, but it’s worth a try to make sure, as that will definitely get you audio coming in from ‘elsewhere’.

(Put the Flexi sampler record source back to ‘Module input’ if you try this.)

@Gat I’m not too familiar with connecting synths to the iPad, but maybe you could also try changing “audio from” to Typhon/usb in the track settings?

I did it and nothing happened the usb work because i received midi notes from the typhon séquencer but no audio signal at all.