Does your spouse not find your jokes funny, too?

The kids laugh at the material that my spouse doesn’t. Bases covered.

3 Likes

Superseded (super-seeded).

Like the bread has been superseded by something else better.

They don’t make it anymore because it has been “super-seeded”.

4 Likes

Really? Nothing to do with dudebro my friend. In my humble opinion the need to highlight it, is a testament to the confused and hypersensitive times we live in.

Why not focus on the book recommendation and helpful comment instead…

For the record, I am very happily married… With a wife, two daughters… even my dog is female. So I’d like to think I have a sensibility, sensitivity and respect towards women that most lack.

Anyway, no harm intended.

So true!

1 Like

I definitely wouldn’t watch that with my gf !

Is your wisecracking incessant? Could be that she’s just used to it and finds it dull or typical. What seems witty to you may be low hanging fruit to her. She could’ve also felt a bit sensitive and was offended that you weren’t excited about being with her at the event? Why does she love you? Maybe it wasn’t precisely for your sense of humor.

BTW, fellow middle aged dad joker here, I thought it was hilarious :laughing:

Just the other day I was watching some rom-com with my SO. I joked about the leading man who also played Voldemort. She just turned it off without a word. I was baffled but after talking, it turned out she had a terrible day at work and it had nothing to do with me really.

1 Like

I put my back out wiping my arse the other day and she’s been laughing day and night ever since.

We’ve been together for 18 years, at this point I have to suffer if I want to get a laugh out of her. She is half French though, so Schadenfreude is always going to work better than a few one liners.

1 Like

My girl is a great comedian, i am just the audience and key phrase deliverer, she can riff on everything. So yes, i think i make some funny things up, but you know how you feel along someone who is ready for stage. (but actually to shy to climb it.)

from Imgflip Meme Generator

2 Likes

Yay, another thread where a bunch of men lecture each other about feminism…

2 Likes

What did anyone expect would happen with an OP like this on this forum?

2 Likes

I don’t think my original post implied that women have an inferior sense of humor or such it just happens that my significant other happens to be of the opposite sex.

3 Likes

I did not mean to impugn on your OP at all; its a perfectly innocent question and most of the conversation was interesting. Only that, a post like this on this forum, is inevitably going to trigger types of feelings and opinions from people.

2 Likes

I guess it did cross my mind that the topic could veer into the “my wife threw out my gear territory”.

1 Like

Outrageous Fin… outrageous… :laughing:

Don’t get me wrong dude, the witchfinders are 100% right to take umbridge with a comment like this

It’s just not very well put. By a woman, do you mean all women, or just some women?
And is it not the case that some men are guilty of the same thing? You can see how this might be taken, right?

I know exactly the sort of relationship you’re talking about and I agree, there’s a lot of it about, but singling out that it’s women that are doing it feels a bit off, hence the “Dudebro” bullshit.

2 Likes

thanks

I couldn’t bring myself to explain it. That would have been admitting defeat.

1 Like

Did your wife find it funny though…

3 Likes

When you buy rye bread and the packaging says “seeded” does it mean it has seeds or that the seeds have been removed? I always get confused by that.

good taste in both case, fact she likes to laugh but the problem is you :wink:

she forces herself not to laugh at your jokes to show you that you are not in a strong position (but that does not mean that there is a problem in your relationship). laughing/making people laugh is very powerful and it’s sometimes easier to accept it from a stranger (like sometimes it’s easier to tell your life story to a stranger)

in conclusion there’s no problem in your couple but the French people are atrocious and complicated (with the bad sides of people from the north and also those of people from the south, and few of the good sides) I know I am French , nothing is easy.

1 Like