Does your spouse not find your jokes funny, too?

I just sometimes feel it’s a waste that my best material goes on 1 person (who I’m already having sex with)

A few weeks ago I was going to the Co-Op and asked if there was anything she needed.
She said to get her one of their super-seeded loafs.
I responded that I don’t think they make them anymore.

Genius I thought. No?

6 Likes

I can keep my wife rolling in the aisles. Unfortunately, it’s with my music.

1 Like

I’m a very special snowflake with a very advanced sense of humor but I read this three times and still don’t get it…

2 Likes

That you did not find her, does not mean that she does not excist.

Is it clowncore?!

1 Like

Maybe needs to be spoken aloud rather than written down.

2 Likes

And as my good friend Jimmy Pineapples used to say.

Case

Fucking

Closed

5 Likes

Well, speaking of that sometimes when my girlfriend is using the bathroom I slip scraps of paper under the door with jokes written on them and I press my ear to the door to see if I can hear her laughing…

1 Like

They? Multiple non amused women?

Steal all the toilet paper, then when she’s snapping one off, pop a sheet of it under the door with the words “who’s laughing now, fuckface” written on it.

I bet she pisses herself.

8 Likes

Well, we also have a fax machine in the bathroom so maybe I could also fax her this thread next time…

1 Like

Even better, fax her a picture of the shit paper

2 Likes

who doesn’t?

6 Likes

Luddites I guess…

Blunt humor is typical of middle age married men who begin to lose their hair.
This is why it is called “dad joke”

Maximum solidarity with his wife who has to endure him

1 Like

No, more often than not, my spouse does not find my jokes funny - but she does find other things I do or say funny, and we joke and laugh together all the time.

But if I’m trying to make a joke? Nope, usually the same sort of reaction as you’ve described. We can’t all be comedians after all!

1 Like

The struggle is real. I am glad the world has people like yourself to speak out and stand up against dad jokes.

3 Likes

Spouse is but in a different way, occasional unintentional comedy from them loving drag as art but also rarely getting nom de guerre multi-puns like “Landon Cider” or “Heavy Scene Macaque”.

2 Likes

Actually some older dude I was talking to the other day told me his wife makes all sorts of jokes with esoteic references which go over his head. Like the other day he said he was making Irish oatmeal and she made some comment about soilders marching…(Irish national anthem reference). Anyways, my intention was in no way meant to imply that humor or lack of is gender related, in fact, when I was in my 20s I dated Phyllis Diller for a couple years and she would always tell me I was much funnier than Dick Van Dyke.

2 Likes

I think if you explain the joke to her it becomes funnier, for you.

2 Likes