Does the compact flash slot problem persist on MkII?

Nope. The card is inside, the button is also 90% inside, parked. All I’m saying is, the button is prone to getting pushed / touched by accident. And it reacts to very low pressure. So, when this happens (it pops out) , you have to eject the card once, to get everything in place again.

I have removed and replaced my CF card a million times. There is no “compact flash slot problem” with the Octatrack.

5 Likes

thank u friend

1 Like

I think it’s good to be concerned about doing it slowly and safely, it’s when a person gets all

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM MY CF CARD INTO THE SLOT. IT’S THE OT MKII AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I START DOING THE MOVES ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, DIGITONE. I DO EVERY MOVE AND I DO EVERY MOVE HARD. MAKIN WHOOSHING SOUNDS WHEN I SLAM DOWN

things get hairy

4 Likes

Sadly even when you’re careful you can still have an issue breaking pins, I know this all too well. :frowning:

3 Likes

I have my newly bought OTmk 2 for only one week…already a CF card problem.Removed and inserted the CF 3 or 4 times gently, 2 pins are forced so my OT mk 2 is unusable now :-((
Contacted Elektron but have to wait for a reply until after the Easter holiday

2 Likes

Have you tried a different card? I’ve never used any CF reader that didn’t take a fair amount of force to eject, including the OT. Maybe the card you have doesn’t fit as tightly on the pins as it should for some reason.

Yeah, understood!

Obviously the “best” scenario is not removing the cards at all, if you can help it.

I just bought a new OT and it had this issue :frowning: broken pin so i couldnt even put the card in at all…

Welcome @funkytransport

Are you sure there is a broken pin ? If it was totally broken, you should be able to insert it…
Good news ?

Did you check anything by yourself ?
Maybe there is a bent pin, which blocks the card. I’d carefully check that before insisting…
Eventually try to correct pin bending by yourself.
Firstly: inspect seriously what’s going inside the card reader…

1 Like

If it’s new, you may send it back and get a replacement.

1 Like

This thread pops up in my feed and I usually ignore it
Cf cards were used on millions of cameras … was there millions of broken pins on those devices throughout the years or is there something unique about the socket used on the octatrack ?

On my old camera I just used to eject it , sync , plug it back in and not really think about it , I wasn’t especially cautious when I inserted it back.it never had an issue.

Yet this seems a regular issue. I don’t get it. What am I missing ? Perhaps it’s because I’m not on camera forums.

3 Likes

Thanks, but this is a poor response - I will Not be following this advice. It’s a brand new unit under warranty so will return it for a working one.

Yeah that’s the plan! :slight_smile:

Well it’s true that you should be able to check what’s happened, i.e. shine a light into the cf slot and inspect the pins.

I’d definitely return it though.

3 Likes

Ok good luck…

1 Like

Hey Sezare56 - I can feel the sarcasm through the interwebs so i will elaborate - The reason the advice you gave me is poor is that as this is new device under a 3 year warranty, I am entitled to a replacement or a repair - free of charge. If, however, i try and fix it myself, this voids the warranty. So, unless you are impatient or just reckless, sending it back to the store for a professional fix to preserve the 3 year warranty is a no-brainer. Hope you understand? xxx

Thanks dude - exactly what it was and what i ended up doing :slight_smile:

I understand why you want a replacement or repair. “Poor” seems exagerated to me, but English isn’t my native langage.
You can still have a look to pins with a smartphone having a led…
This doesn’t void garanty…

6 Likes

Hey man - @sezare56 was trying to help and also suggested zooming in in the pins to check the status - as you ended up doing.

No need to call that a poor advice.

8 Likes