Doepfer PocketDial Midi Template for Octatrack?

I am looking for a custom Template for the Doepfer PocketDial Midicontroler for the Octatrack. The Pocketdial Editor is only avalable for Windows and I only have MacOS Computers around me.

Hi, I have a pocket dial and windows …
Not used the editor for a long time but I can reinstall it and do the mapping to you.
Not today, I am in family and must finish my track for Elektronauts battle hiphop (very late). Otherwise it is possible to use an emulation or virtualization to gain access to a real computer on these nasty beasts. :upside_down_face:
Either late tonight or tomorrow I’ll take care of checking that it works on Windows 10 and I’ll get back to you.

4 Likes

That would be super helpful. No hurry, I also tried it with Wine and the editor opened but the Midi Emulation looks broken.

1 Like

I had a mac a very long time ago, I don’t really know what is functional and multimedia oriented in virtualization today but I would be surprised if nothing exists. Certainly some users are much more knowledgeable than me (and up to date) on Elektronauts among the brains and maybe even discussing it already, if not put “virtualisation” in title…

It does not change anything to my proposal of course but I imagine that it can be cool a long-term solution and helping for other future concerns …

1 Like

OK. I found a standard preset on the pocket Dial that allows Level Control of all tracks and that will work for me for the moment. (Preset 01 or 05 will work)
I also found an old Sounddiver Version for the Pocket Dial that will no longer run on my current system due to lack of Classic-Support.
I also tried Wine with the PocketC but without success.

1 Like

Ok perfect, I’ll anyway put you here if you don’t have the Doepfer pdf
(and info & read me) with the list of all the presets with maybe solutions for later …

Readme First.txt (3.8 KB)
Info.txt (15.2 KB)

Yohnn @Audiofanzine (a french musical website) developed a utility for mac.

DoefperPocketQt-v0.1.0-macOS-170325.dmg (128.5 KB)

Here the GitHub

And if all this is unnecessary, do not hesitate to get in touch.
Have fun it’s a marvellous and indestructible midi controller.

1 Like

The GitHub link is great. Did not know that there is an open source editor for Mac/Linux. Now I just have to find out how to compile it.

1 Like

Bumping this topic, to see if there are any other Mac users with a Pocket Control? I’ve tried the utility linked here by @simonbradford but I can’t seem to get it working on my laptop… I also have absolutely no idea about Sounddiver and whether that’s still a going concern? I’ve got a gig in a couple of weeks and would love to get this setup over the weekend…

AFAIK sounddiver is unsupported for a very long time on MacOS. Not sure if it made the intel switch.
I did also not investigated the pocket dial thing further because I found an Oktakontrol

Thanks @raimund for the update and wow - I’d not seen those Oktakontrol things before!
However, for future people that might stumble on this thread…
Despite assuming that Wine wouldn’t work, I thought I’d give it a go and it’s a bit janky but it did work for me in the end… I am running a pretty old laptop (macbook air 2012) with Mojave and using a Yamaha UX16 Midi USB interface, in case that’s relevant to anyone in the future. Basically within wine I had to open the application with only the pocket control connected to receive data. Then set up the template and send it to the device and then when I checked the mappings in Ableton everything seemed to be how I wanted it. I can’t close Wine without force quitting for some reason but at least the sending of the template seemed to work.