Do you recommend the Octatrack as a drum machine?

Hi aeoner,
500 € only for the platine and pieces is much too high.
I got mine from a friend for <400 € ready built.

If you like I can ask him if he can do the same for you, and if yes, I can give you his communication data.

Should I?

Hello!
The TubeOhm (http://www.tubeohm.com/TubeOhm/LXR.html)) is selling the ready built LXR for €500. But it would be really good if I could buy it from your friend for a more affordable price. He´s in Europe? I will be in London for one week (arriving July 28th). Can you please ask him? Thank you so much for the kindness!

Hi,
yes in Germany, ok, send me your e-mail address to dherten(at)t-online.de and I mail you the communication data of the person which can built the LXR.

for me, the OT is a ‘do all’ machine. cuz of the MIDI side i can trigger anything over MIDI. im currently loving how nicely it melds with Ableton. basically, whatever ya want, it can do.

I use the RS 7000 sequencer, it’s perfect for my needs. I know how to change patterns on the OT, but if you use it as master with the MD slaved, you’ll definitively prefer an external sequencer…

With the RS7000, patterns are not limited AT ALL (for their length) : it changes your life… And the recording/editing method is really more simple and efficient than the OT. For me, if elektron could improve the OT sequencer and be inspired by the old RS7000 one (it’s 14 years old…), it would be perfect.

@Dayflight I shall thank you A LOT for helping me with the LXR. However, I managed to get it done by TubeOhm, and everything went really smooth. The drum machine appears to be amazing, and I´m really happy and thankful for your suggestion!

After all, I choose the Octatrack. Thanks so much for helping me! I´ve also ordered an LXR Drum Synth, an amazing suggestion by @Dayflight. I´ll get both in London in two weeks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Very nice! That’s some goooood kit.