Do we all complain too much?

It seems (especially recently) that far too many people are bogged down in complaining about devices, or wishing they worked a different way, or wanting changes.

I’m not saying this at all from a position of innocence, I have added feature requests in the relelvant threads in the past, and complained plenty about things as well (DT external ins not like the DN, and DN mutes for example). I have also added all new updates for the devices I own, and will probably continue to do so, I also absolutely hope there will be more too. But…

Are we all just getting too obsessed with ‘the perfect setup’, and/or making excuses to ourselves or others for why we haven’t made as much music as we want? Is it just an extension or replacement for buying new gear?

Have we just become really spoilt by companies like Elektron adding a lot of new functionality to already released products (for free!)?

17 Likes

yes

28 Likes

That’s it … close the thread. :wink:

24 Likes

it’s only going to worse… the complaining.

less time on the internet is a good antidote.

13 Likes

Individually, probably not. Collectively, it can be overwhelming. But there is still a lot of positivity and appreciation here.

4 Likes

I kinda found a setup that works for me and stopped browsing forums and new gear. I’m happy with what I have and just concentrate on using my setup as opposed to spending time browsing thru gear I don’t have. Worked for me!

13 Likes

I hate complaining.

8 Likes

:point_up:t2:
I think complaining should have its own song mode.

17 Likes

…complaining about complaining… brilliant

11 Likes

kind of the nature of electronic musicians I think. as a drummer, I never once blamed the instrument because I couldn’t play what I wanted in a song. I found other solutions or worked on my skills enough to play the part I wanted to. as electronic musicians, we go “I wanna do this but the instrument can’t.” at that point, some just get online and complain. some abandon the instrument and look for something that will do what they want. others look for workarounds; and likely these people are the ones who come up with the most interesting results.

8 Likes

I think it’s hypercapitalism and online marketplaces, really. Before it became so easy to just buy any piece of equipment, people would just get what was available and possibly invent a new genre due to the (lack of) features their gear had. Like old samplers had fuck all RAM but that didn’t stop producers from making music producers now with unlimited options are emulating.

11 Likes

Complaining in 2022, is it worth it?

37 Likes

Complaining is pointless and negative, feature requests and bug reports are worthwhile though, I think a decent beta test program has always been a good balance at least as far as Elektron gear is concerned.

7 Likes

beat me to it. :laughing:

I’ve never been able to empathize with complaining about a unit not having something one knew full well it didn’t have. Ever.

Respectful feature requesting is one thing. But going on forums to trash a product because it doesn’t have something it never had is beyond…

7 Likes

I am here to officially complain about the complaints regarding too much complaining.

8 Likes

meta
You beat me to it!

2 Likes

Would you like to file a complaint?

1 Like

Complaining…SNAKEOIL??!!

3 Likes

I want to file a complaint about your complaint with Castor’s complaint about tomf’s complaint about complaining.

Ref

2 Likes